Yeoman Sport + Standard Horizon Plotter

GrantK

Visit site
I have a Yeoman Plotter ( and loads of charts) and a Standard Horizon 300I. I'd like to connect the Yeoman to the chart plotter so that I have the best of both worlds. i.e. electronic and paper charts. My qustion, is there any way to split the signal from my horizon and feed i to the Yeoman. 2nd question. Is there such a thing as a convertor lead to convert my GPS usb dongle to the yeoman input?

I'll be eternally grateful for any help.

GrantK

MoodySabre

Visit site
There are NMEA outputs from the 300i which can be connected to the Yeoman. You will just need a suitable cable for the 300i unless these are a bare wire connections.

I don't think you can attach a GPS dongle to the Sport. They sell a Freenav package that is a battery pack and GPS but it's £190.

White Horse

Visit site
Better Way

I have a Yeoman on Board and a separate GPS bought from EBay spent £50 and got the Garmin and power lead and the data lead to connect to the Yeoman.

GPS listed on Yeoman Site so pin connections very simple and away it went. Also means that if your main GPS fails you have a backup.

Yeoman don't list Standard Horizon in their owners manual or on their website so you may have to try a spot of diy.

You could try a phone call to their Technical Dept might save you a couple of hours.

GrantK

Visit site
Yeoman +Standard Horizon

Thanks for your replies. I had my Yeoman linked to an old Garmin GPS which I've now disposed of. I'd hoped there was a way of linking to the new SH plotter without having to fiddle about with the tiny wires in the SH loom, looks like I'm out of luck. I have also two GPS dongles I use with my laptop. I'll try giving Yeoman a call, but they are very difficult to get hold of.
Thanks again.

GrantK