Yellow eBay 5 tonne lug crimpers as emergency shroud cutters?

dancrane

Visit site
Would one also block off the fan so that the unit overheated? Or would one think that through & let soggy shrink wrap get in the works?
But with my £3500 I did the alternative & renewed my rigging.
Money well spent, but I doubt the necessity envisaged by the O.P. can be entirely prevented by renewing rigging in advance, however much self-assurance that brings; or that anybody looking for a wire-cutter intends being equipped to jettison their rig in preference to replacing it.

As Daverw remarks above, from cold, one could cut an awful lot of rigging wire with a grinder before it would overheat to the extent that it would stop cutting. To be fair I doubt many people in desperate circumstances would stop to cling-wrap a grinder, but not doing so would spell much quicker failure than overheating if it were actually immersed.

Interesting point. Might be worth practicing the wrap - or finding a waterproofing agent.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Try using the right tool or piece of equipment for the task

I would never use a tool with shearing action to cut glass of a ceramic tile

I would use a tile or glass cutter that does not use a shearing action like this below

This is a very different action than sawing where teeth on the saw blade remove chips out of the kerf using a sharp tooth to remove the chips (swarf )
1703841653060.jpeg

Shearing (manufacturing) - Wikipedia