YBW Fleet location

Dipper

Visit site
I'm slightly worried about you. I think you are sitting out on a trapeze for that extra turn of speed. You have to stay within the guard wire.

fireball

Visit site
you know that net you threw out ......... are you sure it isn't still attached? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dyflin

Visit site
Fantastic job well done.

(PS. Finally past Morgana!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Watched the gap narrow metre by metre yesterday /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

BrendanS

Visit site
Never mind google earth positions, I want to see historical positions, so I can glory in my short lived 7th position! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dipper

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
you know that net you threw out ......... are you sure it isn't still attached?

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn inefficient crew. It's caught on the rudder.

Oi! You. Over the side and cut it free.

fireball

Visit site
If they want the code they are welcome - however, it is probably quite costly in terms of processing as it first splits the entire file into an array, then loops through it finding the YBW members (currently hardcoded list), then loops through X members squared to sort it into a rank (the google earth file isn't in rank order).

I'm sure they have better access to source data than I do .... but essentially it is just a filter - nothing complex.

Spyro

Visit site
Have you noticed how the rankings/positions get buggered up as everyone passes the way point at Morroco. Some being measured to waypoint 3 and other to waypoint 4 I think.

BrendanS

Visit site
I went from high 300's to low 100's, then back up again to high 300's, in about half an hour. Not sure how they are calculating the positions yet.

Spyro

Visit site
If you zoom in and look at boats on the north West tip of morocco there are in the 300's guys further back have lower rankings??

Dyflin

Visit site
down to six cables now; slowly slowly, catchy monkey! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif