Yanmar Injector Service

olly_love

Visit site
Does anyone know where to get Yanmar injectors serviced?
marine power send them away so wondering if there is anyone else.

boats in hamble

Airscrew

Visit site
I used M&B injectors in Eastleigh. Mainly for trucks, but there is no difference. There was an old guy there who knew everything marine. Beer money for them tested, a few quid to get them (2) serviced.

Last edited:

peteK

Visit site
Does anyone know where to get Yanmar injectors serviced?
marine power send them away so wondering if there is anyone else.

boats in hamble
What problem are you having that makes you think the injectors need servicing?have you tried running injecter cleaner through the fuel system?

PetiteFleur

Visit site
Hmm, my Beta 25 has done 1200 hrs and my diesel VW Touran nearly 150,000 miles. Both running perfectly, never had the injectors serviced.

peteK

Visit site
Hmm, my Beta 25 has done 1200 hrs and my diesel VW Touran nearly 150,000 miles. Both running perfectly, never had the injectors serviced.

Same hear,40 yearold Perkins running with no problems,just seems a lot posting recently about getting injectors serviced .

Channel Sailor

Visit site
Cutler Marine, in Emsworth offer an exchange service for refurbished/serviced ynamar injectors.

btw, I had my 25 year old injectors replaced with refurbished units. It was a good result for me. The engine before started just fine, ran fine, was a little smokier than it should have been and vibration was just a little too excessive causing reduced volvo shaft seal life. With serviced injectors installed it was a little smoother (enough to make a difference), noticeably less smoke and started even easier (especially in the colder months). 2gm20s do wobble somewhat at certain rev ranges, so the serviced injectors meant the sweet spots are now over a much wider range of rev’s choices.

oldgit

Visit site
Three pages in the free to download manual covering the injectors on a 4 cylinder Yanmar.
Looking at them suspect they are written for workshop anywhere in the world using some very basic equipment.

Beneteau381

Visit site
Three pages in the free to download manual covering the injectors on a 4 cylinder Yanmar.
Looking at them suspect they are written for workshop anywhere in the world using some very basic equipment.
Just like I was taught as a lad. Nothing strange about it. Was also taught a bit of brasso or jewlers rouge could be used to bed the nozzle needle to the seat if necessary