Yanmar GM1

cherod

Visit site
Any Yanmar GM1 experts on here , looking for advice on flexi prop coupling , the old style that they stoped making 20 yrs ago ,,, yes old skool stuff 😀👍, pls , R

Last edited:

andsarkit

Visit site
If you mean a 1GM which is similar to the later 1GM 10 then R&D marine do a flexible coupling also available from ASAP marine.
ASAP check the dimensions here.

Tranona

Visit site
The flexible coupling is not Yanmar specific I think. The standard is a solid clamp type. Do you have a photo of what you are looking for? I found the Vetus Bullflex coupling good on a 1GM.

cherod

Visit site
Yes i have seen thebullfix one , the original looks like , comparing with one in other hull , twp steel plates with a bonded rubber in middle , almost impossible to remove due to rusted bolts and minimum access , looking to grinding old stuff off , also it looks like the flange to gearbox looks like part of the flexi wheras all new ones are separate , which case i would need to buy all three ( which is not a problem , i just want to know before i go grinding and ordering ,) if such do i then need to remove the big centre bolt to remove it and is that a problem , press fitting / oil seal whatever etc . Aparently someone in denmark still makes them . ( Hope this makes sense )

cherod

Visit site
Here from “ pearson trident#381 “although my prop fitting / clamp whatever it is called is bit different but essentially the same

Attachments

• 026BE791-F81D-41E4-AA80-E2328A8DCE48.jpg
    026BE791-F81D-41E4-AA80-E2328A8DCE48.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 8

cherod

Visit site
From your source Pearson Triton#381 ref 2008 it appears he has a flange on the gearbox that bolts to the coupling.
View attachment 163539
Well spotted mr andserkit , ( if you are ever up in scotland be my pleasure to buy you a pint or do bit welding fir you 👍) , that is what i was hoping to see 😀😀, so it is just a carefull grind grind jobby and replace with new alternative for short easy route. Ty much mate 👍👍

LiftyK

Visit site
I have a baby moduline. It’s from Halyard but I think they import it. It’s years old and helps the GM1 engine run sweetly and smoothly. I’m very pleased with the result.

cherod

Visit site
From your source Pearson Triton#381 ref 2008 it appears he has a flange on the gearbox that bolts to the coupling.
View attachment 163539
And ,,, does anyone know anout removing that flange , is it just butt fit or is it pressed on , oil seal , reverse thread or any other possible issues ,,, the access behind in minimal , not even space to get a ring spanner on , how tight can you get with an open ender. In restricted space , worried .