Yanmar engine mounts

macnab

Visit site
Im rebuilding a yanmar GM10 and need to replace my engine mounts at the same time. Yanmar are asking over £200 for these. Do I have to use Yanmar ? or will other engine mounts cope equally well with the movement of the engine, I know they do bounce about a lot at low revs.

Saddletramp

Visit site
Having toured the boat shows I used mounts from sillette sonic, they are Yanmar dealers as well. Around £16 each. Fine on my Volvo MD2B which is a heavy old lump. In a Mac 26 by the way.

srp

Visit site
You could try ASAP Supplies. You need to try and match the stiffness to the originals, otherwise the engine will either bounce around too much or transmit too much vibration to the hull.

steve28

www.falmouthgypsy.com
personal advise against the r&d mounts unless you dont mind the engine really hammering. I fitted these as supplied by R&d for the job and they only lasted 2 seasons before the rubber was shot.
the extra money is worth it in the end if only for a nice smooth engine.

steve

emnick

Visit site
I am sure I saw some on ebay a few days ago. Have not got time at mo to provide a link but do a search under boat and watercraft then search Yanmar.
Hope this helps

davidbains

Visit site
I have two unused R&D mounts I bought for a 2GM.
PM me for a knockdown price then you only have to buy two more.

Capt_Scarlet

Visit site
I had a 2GM20 which I fitted with R&D mounts, which were far too stiff. Vibration was passed into the boat and generally it was not very refined.

I bought on eBay some second-hand Vetus Mitsteun hydraulic mounts and the installation was transformed - hardly any vibration passed to the boat, and much smoother and quieter.

Unfortunately, I think they cost about the same as the Yanmar ones, if purchased new.