Yanmar 2GM20 Alternator

Simon054

Visit site
Thanks for the link, I was hoping someone might have one sat on a shelf gathering dust and wanted to sell it rather than going down the ebay route but that my be the way I need to go. Thanks again for taking the time to attach the link.

Simon054

Visit site
Thanks for the information, I nearly had a heart attack at the Yanmar quoted cost , no doubt there are lots of parts that triple in price when "marine" is added to the description.

Thanks again

Simon

G12

Visit site
Thanks for the information, I nearly had a heart attack at the Yanmar quoted cost , no doubt there are lots of parts that triple in price when "marine" is added to the description.

Thanks again

Simon

I'm replacing the 55A unit with a genuine Prestolite 90A unit which will apparently be much happier working hard with an external regulator. It's about £165 delivered. Will post the part number when it arrives.

I Should add Yanmar 2GM20, 1987 vintage.

£800 for a Yanmar (Hitachi) alternator, Yanmar are having a laugh.

G12

Visit site
That's a 35A unit. Some engines seem to have come with a 35A but mine was originally a 55A.

The 90A unit arrived today, no visible part number but there might be one on the bill. I've gone to town with this one and bought massively uprated cable, a sterling 0v Splitter and a Sterling Pro Digital regulator. The Adverc works but I think it is a bit out dated now and I've used Sterling in the past with great success. Looking forward to getting it all installed and fired up. I don't expect to see it running at much over 60A into depleted batteries but the extra rating means it won't be operating at 100% of its capacity which should prolong life.

Part Number is A1362 - Prestolite 90A

Last edited: