Yacht Clothing

Shiver Metimbers

Visit site
I am looking for some bargain waterproof type outer wear on ebay and on-line shops. What is the best, Gull, Musto, Henry Lloyd etc or are they all about the same? Can anyone recommend any particular make? Thanks in advance.

smeaks

Visit site
wait till january and see what storrar marine on the old coast road
(on the slip road) put in the sale, often you can find the "odd" bargain comparable, if not cheaper than on line prices.

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Musto after all my research but whatever fits best. Swmbo ended up with Gill trousers and Musto MPX or Hpx jacket.
Also if it is also for swmbo think about how easy it is to nip to the toilet.....without being rude.

Q

quimby

A Funny at the meeting last night , New member sailing out of Plymouth with a novice crew member who could not go below without feeling ill. He asked how he could have a pee without going below as he was bursting, Skipper told him to kneel down in the corner of the cockpit and use the cockpit drain, he finished and said he had been hanging on for ages and was really gratefull for the relief. Standing up pulled the flap up to zip up, only to yell out as the flap holding his bladder contents were channelled down both trouser legs. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gwylan

Visit site
Worth looking at Decathlon - their stuff is good quality and well priced - well in Europe it is.
Otherwise we have a couple of suits from Farce4 that have lasted regular use over the last 5 years

Babylon

Visit site
My brother who crews for me occassionally just bought these breathable XM Offshore oilies. He's happy with them and for £150 delivered they seem a good deal to me.

dockmaster

Visit site
XM has been one of the worst buys for me the velcro gave up after a week and they now leek ! and they have only had limited use as I have been in the med for the last 3 years.

musto is one of the best but expensive.

RobBrown

Visit site
I have XM Offshore myself, used for 3 seasons. No probs, very effective & good value to my mind. However, I recall that a make called JAG have been praised on here in the past for a good combination of price & performance

flyingjunior

ex SV Marabu now based in Cowes refitting GMIV
Visit site
I wear a mish mash of gear gill jacket, hernri lloyd bottoms, musto,mid layers, fleece and thermals
it all boils down to what ever fits the best My gill Jacket is fairly bombproof but I find that musto fits me better although I dont find it as durible.
but musto custermor service is very good.
My XM jacket however only lasted a season before it delaminated but I know people who have years of good service out of them. A brand that my pitman recommends is Jentex he practically lives in the things and reckons that they are better than the big brands I would certainly recommend getting last years style usely all that changes is the colouring or on the case of my "out of date" windproof fleece one tiny bit of embroidery.