Would the real Duncan Light please stand up...

G

The suspense is killing me. Well, it's lunchtime and I'm a bit bored, truth to tell. Ha sanyone managed to catch DFL on line? i.e. it ought to be possible to see if it's someone here using an alias by looking at who appears online at the same time as DFL...

Kim? Any thoughts?

jfm

Visit site
Re: No, it\'s the opposite?...

I think you can only log in as one person (I mean, one alias) at a time. Therefore anyone who's logged in at the same time as DFL is not DFL. So you have to do it by process of elimination, eliminate evryone who's logged in at same time as DFL. But then wot if the culprit has 2 puters aaargh.....

JFM

G

Yeah, that's wot I mean. Kim must be able to check this stuff...

BarryD

Visit site

I doubt that Kim has records of who has multiples computers. You'd have to do it by tracking IP address details. But that would be a lot of data to sift thorough - some fuzzy logic routines might do it but even so not an easy task.

Barry D.

byron

RIP
Visit site

You can log in as a different person merely by killing all your Cookies, the site will not recognise you then and will allow you to open up another registration, then when on line you have the choice of two (or more) registrations

©2001

G

Anyone else with the requisite technical knowledge care to incriminate themselves?

G

Re: evidence, tho?

My research has led me to interrogate the writing style of various posters. Use of "OK", and the slip between words esp. "eyou" (putting in spaces at wrong place), and such. Unfortunately, this revealed that it was probably me. And it isn't.

Nor is it a girlie, as no filth, and most fiction writ by women about (or as) a man assumes men think of filth all the time, which is wot men tell women to gettem to write and do rude things.

So, I am afraid that the yotties may be right after all: most mboaters may indeed daft as brushes/estate agents.

....unless of course, as in all good movies, a sort of killer fact gasp gosh suddenly turns up, waves at judge who allows it eventually and etc. etc.

G

Re: Fuzzy Logic: sidebar

Fuzzy Logic is a phrased used in the computer industry to mean
"I have no idea how it might work at all, it'll be complicated, and probly hardware or indeed hardware - but for chrissakes I'm a puter person so I can't use crap words like "sort of" or um "thingy" " So, don't read too much into the tech flair of anyone using the phrase "fuzzy logic".

There is another word, used by management consulttants and accountants which is STRATEGY. Replace the word "strategy wherever you see it with "latest daft idea", which is what it really means, and it reads much better.

For defensive purposes use the word "strategic" as often as possible, esp with acctant and such. "We can't consider doing that because it isn't STRATEGIC". There's no argument! They always say ah, right. Much better than saying "eff off i'll do what I like" .

Counsel may return to their places, and disregard that bit where the prosecution gobbed at the defence counsel, and that defence lawyer hitched her skirt up. Oops.

BarryD

Visit site
Re: and this from a man....

I see you little game Mr G, you and your silly over powered two seat car. Well you won't catch me out I'm not DF_Light. But I'm tempted by the thought that it is either Graham Wignall, Matts, Paulineb or now I add you to my list.

The real DF_Light will be unveiled...

Barry D.

peterg

Visit site
how dare you!.....

my car is not at all silly (yet), overpowered maybe but it won't be really silly 'til I fit the nitrous oxide injection system over the winter.................

BTW: and I would NEVER admit to owning a Binliner so it isn't me!

paulineb

Visit site
It isn\'t me - honest

DFLight is a man. Man was given the gift of being able to wee standing up and Woman was given the gift of multiple orgasms - I'm DEFINITELY a woman !!

Pauline B

jfm

Visit site
Duncan, come on you have to put people out of their misery/curiousity. IMHO you are not real, but why not prove us wrong.....I've checked, I'm def free this Saturday, so let's meet up for this bunkering malarky. You will not be "fleecing some poor sod" as you put it in yr other post, honestly, I've got Mrs S very kindly to run some numbers and I'm sure I can afford it. I'd be delighted to see the 8-track, wrong-way-round-radar, duff Garmin, painted hull, and fill MV2's tanks with best 4-star. Would settle lots of curiosity on this BB. 2.30pm this Saturday, Chichester, you say where exactly (be precise, I dont know Chichester very well) and anyone who's able to turn up can join us for a bunkering fest. You might even sell a few desres, I'm looking for a town house or apt in Lymington with views of water plus 3500sf ish gaff in Surrey near a train station. Wotya got?

JFM

G

Re: It isn\'t me - honest

One assumes from this reply that you must have seen DFL take a pee, then?

G

Re: perish the thought ...nm

BTW, you've heard the one about why women fake orgasms? They think we care...

Kim, feel free to delete this, but as it's a favourite of mine, at least let people read it first.

G

Re: tecknical

I plugged in the new mouse. But as for logging on, I can vouch for colin and hlb too that it took us all about three days to get a username and the password wotsit, so we're in the clear. And, and - what this bit of paper - I'm talking to the Court? (scufffle mutter) .....AHA! If it pleases the Court, it has not gone unnoticed that GW above said "lunch" - and Duncan F Light is an anagram of "Daft Lunching" ! Aha! And he's 'putery with penchant for PRETEND things too.