Wish us luck ....

Andy Bav

Visit site
This week has been one of concern with high winds forecast for today and now looking at Operation Stack.

Stage one is complete and our pride and joy was craned out of Torquay and is heading back towards Kent, so apologies if you are on the route she is taking likely M5 / M4 / M25 and M20.

She should arrive in Sant Carles Marina next Wednesday, but as diversion therapy, SWMBO and I are flying to Nice for a week tomorrow and meeting our boys in Barcelona next Saturday before, hopefully, spending a week aboard.

I have asked for pictures from the haulier, and hopefully will create a thread of the [succesful] move when we return.

Fingers crossed....

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
This week has been one of concern with high winds forecast for today and now looking at Operation Stack.

Stage one is complete and our pride and joy was craned out of Torquay and is heading back towards Kent, so apologies if you are on the route she is taking likely M5 / M4 / M25 and M20.

She should arrive in Sant Carles Marina next Wednesday, but as diversion therapy, SWMBO and I are flying to Nice for a week tomorrow and meeting our boys in Barcelona next Saturday before, hopefully, spending a week aboard.

I have asked for pictures from the haulier, and hopefully will create a thread of the [succesful] move when we return.

Fingers crossed....

Good luck with the transportation; have fun in the SoF this week. I should be down myself on Friday afternoon next week I hope.

Andy

Good luck !

Think I saw you in Brixham the other week. Hope it all goes well in the med.

With apols to the OP - how's your own transport going mparrish?

Medskipper

Visit site

Fingers crossed....

Look forward to seeing you guys out there, way too many Spainish boats there now :)

mparrish

Visit site
JTB
All sorted. Had a mad dash out to Italy 3 weeks ago, then a 92 mile run in lumpy conditions from Varazze to La Rague. Boat straight onto lorry and back to the UK. I then spent a week removing ALL the old antifoul (manually) and another week putting it back on and polishing. Now sat on it's permanent berth in Brixham - still more cleaning and polishing required ! Will do a full writeup with pictures when I get some spare time (now trying to catchup on work !!). Thanks for all your help and advice on the way ! Sorry about the thread drift Andy.

Portofino

Visit site
It's v hot here at the mo ,Locals tell us it's been
Iike this past 6 weeks also sea is flat carm -little wind
Air temp over 30 at sea .
Water temp not far behind 27 0 C
Air con going keeping up though :eek:

lambohill

Visit site
Best of luck for your move. It's really great weather out here right now, and forecast is for more of same, 33c blue skies and light breeze.
Lagoon water is pretty warm, we were swimming off boat yesterday, and will be out again tomorrow v nice?
You will find a warm welcome. T

Andy Bav

Visit site
Fingers crossed our portable unit is up to the job - 12.500 btu should be OK I hope? . But during the day I am really looking forward to swimming off the back, without fear of a heart attack from the shock of the cold. The haulier is doing a good job of posting updates on Facebook, but I am not tempting fate by saying anymore yet as operation stack continues and the decision to arrive in SCM 3 days after delivery looking to be a good one....

sprocker

Visit site
I saw her being loaded up in Torquay, lovely looking boat. Is it normal for me, who has bought a new boat three weeks ago, to be envious already?

I really must stop reading threads like this.

Very best wishes with your move, I'd like to know just how much you'll miss Torbaydos..........

Andy Bav

Visit site
I saw her being loaded up in Torquay, lovely looking boat. Is it normal for me, who has bought a new boat three weeks ago, to be envious already?

I really must stop reading threads like this.

Very best wishes with your move, I'd like to know just how much you'll miss Torbaydos..........
Thanks. We have taken a long time to reach the decision to move, but looking at her she is designed for lounging in the sun (the boat that is!) and we have always had at least 2 weeks in Torbay since 1995 - so time for a change. That said I may be tapping up Mr Coomber for some advice on something trailerable as we still have a base near Newton Abbot :)

SammyB

Visit site
We have been here in SC for about 5 weeks now and are really enjoying it. Ticks alot of boxes with the MDL service,the weather and the amazing lagoon!

Andy Bav

Visit site
Good luck Andy, hope all goes well. It was good to meet you in Torquay. I may well be posting questions about the boating options in the med for CLOUD9 if the weather here doesn't settle down a bit!!!

Cheers Rick

Weather was a big factor tbh. If you could guarantee the weather In Torquay I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. Part of our SoF holiday, after linda has been shopping, is to look at options here, but for our first foray sticking with MDL is a good starting point. We are back down to Devon at the end if August so may catch up with you then ?

rbcoomer

www.swfbr.org.uk
Thanks. We have taken a long time to reach the decision to move, but looking at her she is designed for lounging in the sun (the boat that is!) and we have always had at least 2 weeks in Torbay since 1995 - so time for a change. That said I may be tapping up Mr Coomber for some advice on something trailerable as we still have a base near Newton Abbot :)

Haha! I can already see you staring out at the empty pontoon on your next visit to South Devon... ;) There's a lot to be said for trailering around the South West as there are so many interesting places to visit and not always practical to cruise to. We're hoping to do much more outside the Bay next year so I can understand the impetus for a change. We can only sensibly cruise about 30 miles in a day due to boat size/suitability, but I'm travelling around the SW a lot this year for work so making a list of places, facilities etc.

Hope everything goes well in SC and looking forward (a bit enviously) to the first cruise write up - enjoy! :D

Medskipper

Visit site
Fingers crossed our portable unit is up to the job - 12.500 btu should be OK I hope? . But during the day I am really looking forward to swimming off the back, without fear of a heart attack from the shock of the cold. The haulier is doing a good job of posting updates on Facebook, but I am not tempting fate by saying anymore yet as operation stack continues and the decision to arrive in SCM 3 days after delivery looking to be a good one....

Yeah, it's just the Sharks now that will give you a heart attack! Now is that a Dolphin or a shark I see? :)

lambohill

Visit site
Presume you have arrived ok, as a nicely wrapped vessel was delivered this morning. If you are afloat, a few of us are heading out tomorrow to the anchorage for a bit of fun. T

Edit: I see on re reading you are not here until Saturday, in any event it looks like your boat arrived early today and the sun is shining. T

Last edited: