Wintering in Greece

Jeva

Visit site
I didn't know this until yesterday when I paid the Greek Port Authorities, but it turns out that if you plan on wintering in a Greek harbour and you pay your 6 months of port fees up front you are entitled to a 40% discount. Not something that the marinas would pass on but worth considering all the same.

Jeva

Visit site
Oh yes, they came to the boat, very pleasant but quite insistent.
Also worth noting - they looked on their computer and had a history of our DEKPA log. Getting quite techi these Greeks.

AndersG

Visit site
I didn't know this until yesterday when I paid the Greek Port Authorities, but it turns out that if you plan on wintering in a Greek harbour and you pay your 6 months of port fees up front you are entitled to a 40% discount. Not something that the marinas would pass on but worth considering all the same.

Did you pay for 6 months?

Jeva

Visit site
Yep, paid for 6 months, because the boat will be here - all legit and above board with a proper receipt from the P.A. and I won't tell you where I am because if its a local arrangement I wouldn't want to upset the locals.
Check it out for yourselves, ask locally.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Yep, paid for 6 months, because the boat will be here - all legit and above board with a proper receipt from the P.A. and I won't tell you where I am because if its a local arrangement I wouldn't want to upset the locals.
Check it out for yourselves, ask locally.
We all have to remember , when we find somewhere good to keep it to our self ( NOT) .
The whole point of these site is to pass on info .
What's the point in posted this if it's some big secret .
Your posting actually was Point less .
Your opening post is to your know admission incorrect,
first you report there a 40% discount if you pay up front in Greek harbour , now you telling us it a local arrangement in the harbour you happen to be in .
Next time you post here asking for info , don't be surprise if no one reply .

Last edited: