Winter lay up in the Algarve

mocruising

Visit site
I am looking for some where safe with facilities to leave the boat this winter. Some where between Gib and Lisbon would be nice. We left the UK in July but enjoyed the coast of Spain and north Portugal so much and what with the gales just did not get as far as we had planned. Can any one suggest any where, I would like to lift the boat out and put her on a hard stand in a cradle. We will be visiting on an occasional basis but I still have to work all be it part time.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Trazie

Visit site
Hi,
Cant go too far wrong with Lagos, lay up in Sopromar yard. Good yard, secure, all proper cradles not just bits of wood,and only 5 minutes walk into town

<hr width=100% size=1>

bobd

Visit site
Totally agree with Trazie,we came out in Sopromar summer last year,by far the best yard we found on the Algarve.Cheap(slow!) train to Faro across the road.The yard is very secure,friendly & even has a shower.Good Brit community in the marina & Lagos itself is a delight

<hr width=100% size=1>

cynthia

Visit site
Portimao is very good. The yard is close to the town centre. Staff are helpful and the boats are on cradles and very well chocked. There are shower and toilet facilities in the yard and you are welcome to stay on board your boat.

We were in the water there last winter. Very sociable and friendly, good prices (cheaper than Lagos) and excellent facilities. If you change your mind and decide to stay in the water the marina is very sheltered. 40 mins by car from Faro airport which has regular, cheap flights to the UK.

<hr width=100% size=1>