Winter Cover and Diesel stove

laracaine

Visit site
Hey you guys.

Hope you are all keeping warm!

I need to put my cover on my boat as she is still leaking no matter what i do!! - but that means I can't use my diesel stove and it's just too cold!

Anyone know of a material that I could use to line the hole in the cover where the chimney will go through to stop the cover melting!

Thanks
GG

robind

Visit site
How about fitting a larger diameter piece of mineral (used to be called asbestos, now manufactured without asbestos) pipe over the ecisting steel pipe with a physical air gap and perhaps some fibreglass or mineral wool insulation between, and then bunching and attaching the plastic sheet around it with a bungee or large jubilee clip, with a suitable (flashing) lid over it all, it would be water tight and suffer very little melt down?

laracaine

Visit site
Sounds good - someone has suggested double walled flue pipe and i think putting a bit of extra insulation around that would be a great Idea!

Thanks for your help!

robind

Visit site
I would have thought a trip to your local council tip would have provided all you needed in some shape or form! or a quick look in a few skips may bear fruit? if you are into that sort of thing, of course!. I have been known to turn my hand to it, so please forgive me if I believe that everybody will stoop to my level /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif)) double thickness vent pipe is another great idea and often small pieces are left over from installations, so perhaps a friendly heating installer may come across a bit if asked nicely?

trouville

N/A
Visit site
Or you can buy a bigger diameter chimney tube and pack it with a bit of glass fiber insolation to keep the two chimneys apart.

I just bought a new small stainless chimney cost 35 euros a meter!! But you can use the protected steel cost 23 euros(aprox) or aluminium 5 euros a meter!Thats what i used as an outer chimny pipe. stainless in then some almost free fiberglass isolation material then the alu as the second outer wall helps a lot in winter to keep the gas flow!!(helps stop downdrafts as the heat still has some force aginst the downdraft)

Where are you?