Winter 15/16 in Ragusa.

Monique

Visit site
Our refit is taking far longer (incompetence) than we thought. So it might be that our Transat may be in jeopardy this fall/winter.

We are considering Ragusa... anyone planning to be there? Two mates wintered there last year and are very positive about the place.

TA as always.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
We was there in 2011 and we plain to be there again this winter , just waiting for convemation from Viviana re berth .
We enjoyed there and we looking forward to returning ,

SamanthaTabs

Visit site
This will be our 3rd winter in MdR. Ticks all the boxes, easy to get to airport, nice town etc. Good idea to have a bike unless you're keen walking folk. Liveaboard community very active as in tons to get involved with but no pressure to join if not.
(No, I'm not on commission :encouragement:)

Monique

Visit site
The above replies confirm what mates had told me... I'll now have to inform the Ayatollah Khomenei's daughter that she will spend her winter in S. Italy.... Unless the yard gets our boat ready.

nicholat

www.yachtemerald.com
bike is very useful but plenty of people don't have them and get by fine, the walk to town is about 15 to 20 minutes where there are a couple of supermarkets, butcher, cafes, restaurants. Bars are close by and a nice beach. A bus goes several times a day up to the big town of Ragusa, about 30 mins on bus. We managed fine with what we could get from MdR with an occasional car or bus trip to the bigger shops in Ragusa. Here is our blog with some of the things we got up to while there, starting from December: http://www.yachtemerald.com/december-happenings/

Monique

Visit site
We have 2 bikes... (hybrid human/electric) :) and we are in contact with the marina. If we miss our "leave the Med before... weather window", we'll end up in Ragusa. TA everyone