Windscreen wiper motors

Scorpleo

Visit site
After some information on replacement windscreen wiper motors/kits for a 2001 Antares 760
Are they still available or are there aftermarket replacements TIA Leon.
any useful information happily received 😎👍
HAPPY BOATING

Attachments

• IMG_7936.jpeg
    IMG_7936.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10

Plum

Visit site
After some information on replacement windscreen wiper motors/kits for a 2001 Antares 760
Are they still available or are there aftermarket replacements TIA Leon.
any useful information happily received 😎👍
HAPPY BOATING
My Antares 760 wiper motors are DOGA brand. They are the originals from 1999. You should see the name DOGA on them unless they have already been replaced. Windshield Wiper Systems - DOGA

Last edited:

Plum

Visit site
I’ve enquired locally (Boatworks)today weather there are Doga ones available or replace both with aftermarket, wiring , switch, blades etc 👍
I have been doing some research in case I need to replace mine. This appears to be identical except for the sweep angle https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25607364...uid=1KNfh9ekSSS&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
This one has a 95 degree sweep but my existing one has a 60 degree sweep. I cannot find out if the sweep angle is adjustable withing the mechanism/gearbox, as is common on other makes of wiper motor. Have you taken your failed one off? If so, maybe you could remove the cover plate and see.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
I have been doing some research in case I need to replace mine. This appears to be identical except for the sweep angle HC Cargo Wiper Motor Electrical Accessory Doga 12 V 1350 gm 238 mm 160258 | eBay
This one has a 95 degree sweep but my existing one has a 60 degree sweep. I cannot find out if the sweep angle is adjustable withing the mechanism/gearbox, as is common on other makes of wiper motor. Have you taken your failed one off? If so, maybe you could remove the cover plate and see.
Look at the Vetus motors, they cost a lot less than the Ebay one you linked to and have adjustable sweep. If yours is just single speed the 2 speed Vetus works fine with just 2 wires. If rewiring is easy enough you could make them 2 speed with self parking very easily.

Jamie Dundee

Visit site
I replaced my Dogas (UK importer as much use as a chocolate fire guard) with a full Exalto pantograph system including controller. VERY not cheap and a ball ache to fit but happy with the result.

Plum

Visit site
Look at the Vetus motors, they cost a lot less than the Ebay one you linked to and have adjustable sweep. If yours is just single speed the 2 speed Vetus works fine with just 2 wires. If rewiring is easy enough you could make them 2 speed with self parking very easily.
Thanks, will look again but on this boat the wiper motors mount into voids between the inner and superstructure mouldings with limited access so the dimensions of the whole motor/gearbox package need to be compared. Also, the Vetus pantograph motors have a different centre distance to the DOGA one as well as different spindle ends so would need to purchase new stainless arms too. The DOGA motors have been great although at 23 years old may need replacing in the comming years. I expect the OP will be struggling with the same issues.

colhel

Visit site
I'm following this thread with interest. Our boat has 3 wipers and all failed soon after we took ownership. The middle one has a single small, approximately 8mm, drive shaft through the glass and the wiper attached to that. I'm going down to the boat this weekend so will take photos and ask here for advice.

Cspirit

Visit site
Another wipers question! I have a Vetus windscreen wiper on my LM27 which has a splined axle - I think Vetus call this a 'knurled shaft' -on the motor onto which the wiper arm is attached. This wiper arm has fallen off a couple of times and there appears to be wear on the splines/shaft. I'm thinking of using Locktite 271 to ensure that the wiper arm stays in place. Will this work? I know that this is a thread lock but I'm, guessing that the knurled shaft resembles a fine thread.

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Another wipers question! I have a Vetus windscreen wiper on my LM27 which has a splined axle - I think Vetus call this a 'knurled shaft' -on the motor onto which the wiper arm is attached. This wiper arm has fallen off a couple of times and there appears to be wear on the splines/shaft. I'm thinking of using Locktite 271 to ensure that the wiper arm stays in place. Will this work? I know that this is a thread lock but I'm, guessing that the knurled shaft resembles a fine thread.
Also replied to in PBO:

Vetus wiper arms/motors are a little odd, the shaft is splined, the the wiper arm isn't, it's all just held together with a grub screw (or not as the case may be). I had to replace an old wiper motor on my boat and the Vetus ones look to be a perfect copy (except for being 2 speed), while i was at it i replaced all of the wiper arms with Vetus stainless steel one (about £500 for 3 pantograph arms and blades !!). Anyway, the arm kept coming loose on the new motor, no matter how tight a did the grub screw up, so i smeared the shaft with fast epoxy (al la Araldite Rapid etc), plus a little in the arm socket and did the screw up as tight as i dare. Touch wood, nor come looses since.