Wind data coverage

Max K

N/A
Visit site
I intend to sign up for Wind's mobile broadband as it is much better value than our existing Vodaphone deal. Comtracts look fine, hardware is OK but the only aspect I can't verify is Wind's coverage over Greece Vodafone's has been faultless. Anyone able to advise?

Max.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Max I can assure you depending where you go the coverage is from ok to none it seen to be fine around the Ionian islands but as you go south you will find it very patches at time nothing , we used it in Lefkas over winter and it was fine there , the rest of the time we use Cosmote which work almost every where unless you are really somewhere remote sourounded by mountains , internet is a bit like insurances , when you really need it , then you want it to be a good service .

Last edited:

JFowler

Visit site
Agree with the above- we gave up on Wind because of the poor coverage. Vodafone coverage is fine, but our experience this season with a data sim has been disarstrous. We'll be sticking with Cosmote from now on.

Davy_S

Visit site
Max, if you had mentioned this the other night we could have compared signals, I am on cosmote, I get a better signal than Vodaphone and Wind. Friends have just ditched Wind because of an unreliable signal. It could be different elsewhere, but Wind is patchy on Kef.

Max K

N/A
Visit site
Max, if you had mentioned this the other night we could have compared signals, I am on cosmote, I get a better signal than Vodaphone and Wind. Friends have just ditched Wind because of an unreliable signal. It could be different elsewhere, but Wind is patchy on Kef.
Yes David, I know that Comote has good coverage but for mobile data they only offer the same package as Vodafone, €15 for 5G a momth. Wind offer 20G for €20

Max.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Yes David, I know that Comote has good coverage but for mobile data they only offer the same package as Vodafone, €15 for 5G a momth. Wind offer 20G for €20

Max.

Max you know what they say ? A bargain isn't a bargain if it don't work mate .whats the use of 20 GB or 50 GB if you can get it .
Any way you asked for are opinion , we tryed to help you ,

Last edited:

NornaBiron

www.flickr.com
We took out a Wind contract about a month ago as the coverage in Crete is fine. We've previously had a contract with them and did find the coverage in the Aegean islands occassionally patchy. The shop manager mentioned to us this time that Wind will be hooking up to the Vodafone system soon so coverage should be improved.

DaveRo

Visit site
Voda and Wind have created a joint venture, Victus Networks, to share 2g and 3g networks in non-urban areas. It doesn't cover all 3g and not 4g at all. Voda's network always was better than Wind's so this should improve Wind's coverage - though not to match Voda's I think.