Win a million - name game

Chris_Stannard

Visit site
If you ar musical why not "Cadence". I thought of this and checked it out and as far as I know it is not used (not on the MARS register anyway) so you could put it on Part if you are so inclined.

I like the name which I think has the sense of the beat of the music and the roll of the boat in a gentle swell. however it was vetoed by SWMBO in favour of "Norrsken"which is Swedish for Northern Lights, my boat being Swedish build

Chris Stannard

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Re: MARS register

Thanks Chris, we are not that musical other than song name oriented.

What is the MARS register, is there a website for it.

Think that Maelstrom has been put on the list by SWMBO, Norrsken is a nice name.

G

The good ship(s)

"Betty Swollocks"

"Bustabank"

"Test" (That will drive the HMCG mad on the VHF)

AlanPound

Visit site
\"After You\"

My pal said to me "I named it 'After You'".
"Very touching', I said, but what exactly did you call it?"
"I named it 'After You'" he said
(I guess it worked better on his wife though).

As a name, it shows a certain grace upon giving way (although I guess other boats only ever get to read it as *he* passes *them*...

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Song Titles

Here's ten - there are thousands of others
Mood Indigo
Satin Doll
Yellow Submarine
Fool on the Hull
Bojangles
Rhapsody in Blue
In the Mood
Crackling Rosie
Song to a Seabird
Blowing in the Wind

(I've used two of them on dinghies, plus Nowhere Man for a 505 that I could never get even halfway up the fleet)

david_e

STOP

With 50+ replies (OK, 17 of them are mine!) we are not making much progress here, all replies are being sent directly to SWMBO (after censoring) for her opinion and, quite frankly, not hitting the spot! She thought the geniei on this forum might have had more to say, especially with the amount of time I spend on here.

So I am being threatened with my YBW membership unless we come up with something quick, the naming ceremony is on Saturday and as yet we have no name!!

Let's narrow it down to something French and classy, like a wine region, but not Chardonay-she was on footballers wives (yuk)

david_e

Re: Song Titles

Thanks Ken, she says 'have you got any garage or rap songs?'

Actually the one song title she likes is 'Mustang Sally' but a search on the net reveals that is on a Mustang 30 somewhere.

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Re: Song Titles

>have you got any garage or rap songs<

Don't have a garage - do have a driveway.

Only rap song I've ever heard of was "Slap your Bitch" which might not pass muster! In the same vein there is "Fat Bottomed Girls" by Queen.

I also have a dance record by Left Field which I bought for the song Phat Planet (it was the music in the Guinness 'white horses' ad).