Why we do it....

flaming

Visit site
Although I'm new to race boat ownership, I've been racing for a long time... Every year there is a long off season, and with ownership this comes with large bills... Mooring fees, maintenance, new sails.. etc etc

I've found it quite demoralising to pay all the bills in the 1st 3 months of the year, a time when the weather is crap and the boat sits on the hard collecting leaves.

Then the season starts, and you get out there... And on that day where you get the perfect combination of wind, sun, good crew, good competition and a good race officer... Suddenly it's all worth it, and you remember to stop counting the cost in pounds, and start counting the benefit in smiles.
This weekend was one such day. Even if my hat looks like an upturned plant pot.

Spring champs 24.jpg

flaming

Visit site
Is that 7 up with 5 ladies. An equal opportunities boat, excellent👍👍👍
9 with 5 ladies, main and tactician out of shot... But yes, we normally have fairly even numbers. Dartmouth last year was only 2 blokes. Our ladies are seriously talented sailors!

Bouba

Visit site
They are having the Olympic trials down the road in Hyeres at the moment....lots of seriously looking fit young women about

michael_w

Visit site
Don't you get awfully hot in the sun with those black oilskins? Not much help either, if you fell off at night.

flaming

Visit site
We saw you all setting off, the gun went as we walked the last few feet of Baring road, behind the Squadron. Couldn’t spot ypu from there to wave.
We weren't racing from the squadron line, just had Prince Consort as one mark. We were off a committee boat that spent the day anchored just SE of the Bramble post.

A course that crossed the Brambles 3 times absent our regular tac/nav was a little more stressful than ideal!

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
We weren't racing from the squadron line, just had Prince Consort as one mark. We were off a committee boat that spent the day anchored just SE of the Bramble post.

A course that crossed the Brambles 3 times absent our regular tac/nav was a little more stressful than ideal!
You needed an XOD veteran tactician on board.

Bouba

Visit site
9 with 5 ladies, main and tactician out of shot... But yes, we normally have fairly even numbers. Dartmouth last year was only 2 blokes. Our ladies are seriously talented sailors!
How much do you charge all those passengers 🤷‍♂️🤔