Who's sailing this weekend?

jellyellie

www.jellyellie.com
Anybody going out for their first sail of the year? Forecast doesn't look too bad if we can avoid the mist and drizzle (yes, that still counts as a relative 'not too bad' given the recent gales leading up to the New Year).

I'm heading across to Newhaven tonight for a night sail, looks like the moon & stars should make an appearance according to XCWeather (http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/brighton), that'd be nice!

Might I see any of you out there?

prv

Visit site
Nope :(. Two boats and they're both up on bricks :mad:

New one should be in the water in a few weeks though. Officially out of commission undergoing refit, but I think the occasional daysail will have to happen regardless :)

Pete

Sandyman

Visit site
Hello Ellie

Your still in Brighton I guess ??

We sail tomorrow as long as the swell stays as it is. Oporto to Sines.

Visit site
Anybody going out for their first sail of the year? Forecast doesn't look too bad if we can avoid the mist and drizzle (yes, that still counts as a relative 'not too bad' given the recent gales leading up to the New Year).

I'm heading across to Newhaven tonight for a night sail, looks like the moon & stars should make an appearance according to XCWeather (http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/brighton), that'd be nice!

Might I see any of you out there?

I shall be sailing but we're unlikely meet unless someone's navigation (and speed) is a bit unusual.

Scillypete

www.peteandspamgosailing.blogspot.com
Out for the first sail of the year on the 2nd which was an interesting blast with some big rollers still coming in from the Atlantic.

Was out again today just a shortish beat to St Agnes, ashore for a walk around the island with the dog then back aboard for an easy run back. Still some good sized swells rolling through and the sun even put in an appearance as we approached the harbour.

Blissful :D :D

Ripster

Visit site
Should get out tomorrow afternoon and stretch the sails down in Torbay and along the coast a bit. Just a day sail, but looking forward to it.

lustyd

Visit site
Nope :(. Two boats and they're both up on bricks :mad:

New one should be in the water in a few weeks though. Officially out of commission undergoing refit, but I think the occasional daysail will have to happen regardless :)

Pete

You're more than welcome to take mine out and wait for me if you can manage the tide time in the morning!

robyonfrome

Visit site
Just popping down to Poole quay for the night from Wareham, might even put the sails up on the way down with a south westerly, even poke the nose into the big blue yonder, not very far I know, but it will give the boat an airing and a night out on the quay. Be interesting going down the river with all the water meadows flooded the water is going under the bridge at about 4 knots going to have to get it right coming back or it will take for ever.

JimDL

Visit site
I wish, instead I will be on a be on a boat on the hard alongside Poole quay watching robyonfrome sail past whilst I'm at work. I spend most days on the quayside watching the boats going in and out dreaming about my boat haha. Have a great weekend everyone.
Jim

robyonfrome

Visit site
I wish, instead I will be on a be on a boat on the hard alongside Poole quay watching robyonfrome sail past whilst I'm at work. I spend most days on the quayside watching the boats going in and out dreaming about my boat haha. Have a great weekend everyone.
Jim

what a shame, give you a wave Jim

Garold

Visit site
Stayed last night a Bucklers Hard and very few people around.

In Cowes Yacht Haven tonight and it's very lively.

Looks like about 15 visitor boats, and until the light totally disappeared, a few boats up and down the Medina River.

Big change from last Saturday evening when there were only a couple of other boats around in the big winds.

Cheers

Garold