Which dehumifier ?

kcrane

Visit site
Totaly new to dehumidifiers and need to buy one asap as the boat today was very cold and moist in the downstairs cabin.

Is the Meaco DD122FW MK 3 the latest version ?

& does it:
- Work in low temps
- Can you adjust it so it only comes on at a certain humidity
- Does it have an external drain & come with a pipe to connect to it
- does it have a timer built in
- where in the cabin does it work best, on the floor of level with the sink

Hope you can help before I place an order.

Any one found one cheaper that £159 ?

Chris

We bought one a couple of weeks ago.

- Work in low temps - Not entirely sure, but as it is a desicant variety I believe it does
- Can you adjust it so it only comes on at a certain humidity - Yes, there is an Auto setting, plus a low one and a laundry one (which is aggressive)
- Does it have an external drain & come with a pipe to connect to it - yes to both
- does it have a timer built in - no, it switches on and off with the auto function
- where in the cabin does it work best, on the floor of level with the sink - we have it level with the sink so that it can drain easily

The other question is, if the power goes off, does it come back on, or sit waiting for human intervention? Answer it comes back on.

terryw

Visit site
Thinking of getting a new dehumifier to replace the old one, for use in our cruiser during this winter,

looking at a Meaco DD122FW which was a PBO best buy,

any advise or recommendations ?

My advice would be the one I have advertised in the For Sale section. It works fantastically, very quiet, automatically restarts after power failure, and is only £50

Terry

terryw

Visit site
Totaly new to dehumidifiers and need to buy one asap as the boat today was very cold and moist in the downstairs cabin.

Is the Meaco DD122FW MK 3 the latest version ?

& does it:
- Work in low temps
- Can you adjust it so it only comes on at a certain humidity
- Does it have an external drain & come with a pipe to connect to it
- does it have a timer built in
- where in the cabin does it work best, on the floor of level with the sink

Hope you can help before I place an order.

Any one found one cheaper that £159 ?

Chris

Chris

Tried to reply to your PM but it appears you cannot receive PM's.

I am selling because I have sold the boat.

Link is at http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244150

Terry

honeybee

Visit site
just ordered a Meaco DD122FW MK 4 (Now branded Eco air) from Meaco.

Thanks for this topic, gave me the reccomendation I needed.

Chris

Tremlett 15

Visit site
Thanks for all the replies & info, still awaiting for a reply from Maeco re delivery to NI for a mark 3/4, so I went & collected me Maeco this morning locally, its the mark 3 but sure it will still dry me boat.

ontheplane

Visit site
Hi all,

I have posted on here about the silica type de-humidifiers that I use. They are ideal for boats, caravans etc.

Anyhow, just bought another batch of them for my friends boat and got some for another forumite also - unfortunately aforementioned forumite had already got some (he did PM me, I just didn't read it in time!!!!)

So - for anyone who might want one, or would like to try one (bear in mind you can put them in cupboards, under stairs or any small spaces which is a big advantage over the electrical ones) and they use no electricity, work at any temperature and are totally safe (as long as you don't eat the crystals) then PM me.

Costs are:-

£3 for the trap which includes 500g of crystals - 10 available
£1.50 for a 500g refill - 10 available
£3.00 for a 2.5kg refill (will do 5 traps - or 1 trap 5 times!) - 5 available

I'll post at pure cost from the post office for a parcel.

PM me if you'd like anything.

Sorry for blatent sales pitch - but i'm not doing comercially for a profit, just selling the excess I don't need.