Which book about the Atlantic?

jerrytug

N/A
Visit site
Hello I`ve hopefully got another Azores delivery coming up,there`s plenty of time to take an interest in your surroundings out there,I would like a book which is like a gazetteer or Lonely Planet to the sea I`m floating in,from all the different views..eg this actual bit of water,where has it flowed from,where is it going,a touch of oceanography-lite.
What about all the interesting fish and other critters which live down there,what are they up to? (not too scientific).
What about all the amazing voyages and escapades over the years,and the lats and longs of all the incidents and known wrecks even if they`re a mile down it would be interesting just to know! People like to be able to say,"this is where so and so happenned amazing isn`t it".
I got excited sailing for the first time over the place Trafalgar occurred,(sad I know).
Any suggestions (for commonly yachted-over bits of sea in particular)?
Or is this the book that needs writing? Cheers Jerry.
(royalties to me for the idea)

jerrytug

N/A
Visit site
Thank you Parsifal and Ubergeekian.
The Cod book I have read,it`s brilliant,I have lent it out and it hasn`t come back yet! The OU course,I am going to look at the "Are you ready for Science" page on the OU website,interesting!