Where to get Seatalk Connectors

AlexL

Visit site
Does anyone know where I can get the Raymarine Seatalk connectors. I've got a whole boat full of electronics to fit, which involves a bunch of NMEA and seatalk connections -I've found some suitable (2 core + screen) cable in maplins, but i need the connectors. I can go and get seatalk cables from the local chandlery and chop them about, but one 10m cable is 26 quid! so i'd rather make my own.

BlueChip

Visit site
Don't worry about seatalk connectors, go to a motor spares shop and get some micro spade connectors -solder or crimp these on your cable - they will fit the pins on the instrument

A

Anonymous

I've just had to install a long Raymarine HSB cable and had to buy a short one, cut it in two and splice some multicore cable between both ends. Saved nearly £100 and besides, I couldn't have pulled the Raymarine cable through with connectors on each end.

FullCircle

Visit site
Alex,
speak to Ian Baker in Dunton, x5998. He is the Delphi rep, and I introduced him to sailing.....and he has a book of mine I wouldn't mind getting back /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Does this mean you didn't go for the TackTick stuff then?

Jim

AlexL

Visit site
Cheers Jim
I gave the Tick Tack stuff a miss in the end. I'm getting a Simrad Wind fitted by the dealer.(the boat allready has simrad Speed and depth as standard, so adding the wind is easy) The Pilot, Chart plotter and Radar are all raymarine and the ICS Navtex also repeats all the NMEA info, so I didn't really need the tacktick repeaters. Also I'm getting the Raymarine wireless remote autopilot controller instead of the wired one, its about the size of a chunky mobile phone and also repeats all the nmea info on its screen, and it sits in your pocket!

AlexL

Visit site
Yeah I thought of that - I've got 2 seatalk cables which came in the box with some of the equipment - so I will cut and splice these. But I still need some more.

tillergirl

Visit site
Seatalk and NMEA is not directly compatible. Before you buy more Seatalk cables consider that what you might need is the Ray Marine interface box which converts Seatalk to NMEA (to speak to your Simrad and ICS stuff) and NMEA to Seatalk so that you can upload the relevant strings from that to the pilot eg wind from the simrad) Its a good piece of equipment and DIY wired to 'normal' terminals rather Seatalk ones.

AlexL

Visit site
I'm aware of this!
The simrad instruments network to each other with a proprietary network, but each instrument has an NMEA output. This is going to be put into the NMEA input in the ST6001 pilot controller, which then talks to all the Raymarine gear on seatalk.