Where is you boat name?

Would you have hit him for such a crap joke

• Without even thinking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's cute and I will tell it to the next 50 people I meet.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Colin24

Visit site
Previous owner removed the name when he sold her to me, thinking I'd what to re name her (This is what he was hoping as he gave his next boat the same name.)

I've still not got round to putting the name back yet. Am I a terrible person?

AIDY

www.ybw.com
ME !

On the Keel ! So the fishs can read it.... and i can be identified if the boat turns over.

Seriously I only have it on the bottom of the tender not the keel of the main boat. Always thought leaving a tender tied up to a quay with T/T ****** was an open invite to suggest knowone was on board.

bumblefish

Visit site
So at least two of you do not have a 'name' on the boat? I should have included the option of no name! It might make my decision about where to put the 'new name' easier....

bumblefish

Visit site
And that would be you in the middle? I love the concept of re-cycling bikes, do you know any one in Sussex with the same ethos as I have a few I could deliver?

rwoofer

Visit site
Would have just put it on the transom, but needed it on the bow so guests could find it in the marina - so in two places

Boathook

Visit site
I used none of the above as the name is on the dodger across the stern and also on both lifebuoys. It used to be on the cabin sides but thy faded/wore out and have not been replaced.

Poignard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
And are there any 'marine law' obligations about where you put the name?

[/ QUOTE ]

More than likely, but if not someone, somewhere, will be planning to introduce it.

cliff

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Who went for none of the above and where is your name?

[/ QUOTE ]I think I was the first "none of the above" votes - Name is on the dodgers only.
--------------------
hammer.thumb.gif
Check out the deals on You know it makes sense.

reginaldon

Visit site
Re: Where is you boat name? re Colin24

Likewise, I only found out the original name after I met the original purchaser(1978) completey by accident, so the boat was known at the club as No Name, altho when I called in to port control I gave the sail No. She has since been named, altho for a while it only appeared on the lifebuoy!

Gargleblaster

Visit site
The Dutch and Germans seem to have rules about this and take exception if you don't have both your boat name and port of registration on your stern. I remember sticking on letters for my port of registration in Brunsbutel marina to keep them off my back. I chose the location of my mooring as my port of registration as with SSR I don't think it is something that you have.

Lakesailor

Visit site
I have no name for my boat. Previously it was called Lady Jane II which I thought a bit (lot) pretentious.
Last boat had it's name on the bows.

I may put a name on the latest. If I think of a name which seems appropriate. In which case I would put it on the bows.