When in Edinburgh

Poignard

Visit site
I haven't been to Port Edgar/South Queensferry since I was stationed there when it was the minesweeper base, HMS Lochinvar. They were still building the Forth road bridge.

Time I made a return visit!

Thistle

Visit site
Scott's bar Restaurant if you are moored in Port Edgar Marina is Superb great atmosphere especially in the evening a 3-minute walk from the pontoon and open most of the day.

Going tomorrow ... but unless the experience is particularly good I'll not be bothering to fight with their automated booking system again. Selected "make a reservation": "choose 1 to book for today, 2 for the day after tomorrow or 3 for the day after" - how do I book for tomorrow? Eventually managed to enter the number of people in the party and the date; 2 attempts to select a time resulted in "no availability" messages after which I had to enter the number of people and date again. Tried 2 more different times and got 2 more "no availability" messages ... and back to the beginning again. Forget about "make a reservation" and try "any other enquiry": if I had been told one more time to use their booking app available only on operating systems I don't have, I'd have hung up and gone elsewhere. Eventually spoke to someone and was able to make the booking and alert them to the special needs of one of the party without further problem.

Come on, Scotts: for a hospitality venue the first impression is not of somewhere hospitable.

jamie N

Visit site
I was there a couple of months ago, and had the soup of the day, which was the very best soup that I've ever had, ever anywhere ever!
It was Chorizo & 'something', but the best of the very bestest.
Everything else was good also, in fact so good that we didn't do a runner....(y)

SaltIre

Visit site
I was there a couple of months ago, and had the soup of the day, which was the very best soup that I've ever had, ever anywhere ever!
It was Chorizo & 'something', but the best of the very bestest.
Everything else was good also, in fact so good that we didn't do a runner....(y)
When you arrived, did they ask:
You'll have had yer tea?
:)

Other threads that may be of interest