Whats in a name 2

HoratioHB

sowethereyet.blogspot.co.uk
I just know I am going to regret this but what the hell. Having asked for advice on naming our boat on a previous thread and having been given various levels of useless/useful advice, we have decided to ignore it all and go our own way.

So we've decided - the boat will be called 'Tiger Frightener'. Now before you all think I am barking, there is a very good reason for the name and we are pretty sure it is unique - the question is does anyone know what it is??

and yes I know it will sound odd over the VHF and its not a girls name and it will take time when filling in the forms etc etc /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

TiggerToo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
...I am barking,...

... its not a girls name and it will take time when filling in the forms etc etc /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so, I know a couple of girls who would frighten a tiger. My main concern is the cost of lettering! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

silver-fox

yacht.silverfox.googlepages.com
Is it perchance based on the old Aesop Fable about the donkey that frightened the Tiger?

Its certainly unique and as one who has had to go through life with an unusual name, spelling it over every telephone call, every hotel reception, every visit anywhere in fact, I would pause for thought /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

HoratioHB

I'll come clean its based on a phrase my Father in Law used when he was in India. The purpose of the last drink of the day was to frighten away the tigers - and this was definitely not an excuse to have 'one last one' !

So it seemed rather appropriate to our soon to be new lifestyle. We can cruise the Caribbean with the aim of scaring the c**p out of any tigers we find, and if we don't find any it will be proof that the idea works.

teh heh. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

HoratioHB

Nah - too late now, just been down to the brokers and given him the JPEG to make the graphics - got a nice frightened tiger off the interweb.

last night FionaHB asked for a final drink so I gave her a yacht!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif