What no new boat projects?

pyrojames

transat2013.blogspot.co.uk
I'm trying to maintain a 1947 teak on oak cutter, It's now been ashore for 15 months. Insides stripped out to check all floors and frames, some removed and replaced, about 100 new bolts, All repainted. A few keel bolts out and one replaced.

Old chrome being re-chromed, some new bits of structural timber, mostly I put the works on FB. "yacht croix des gardes"

Attachments

• AP connection.jpg
    AP connection.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Cowl vents.jpg
    Cowl vents.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Lorge cowl vent(2).jpg
    Lorge cowl vent(2).jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Skylights.jpg
    Skylights.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Workbench.jpg
    Workbench.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 19

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
I'm trying to maintain a 1947 teak on oak cutter, It's now been ashore for 15 months. Insides stripped out to check all floors and frames, some removed and replaced, about 100 new bolts, All repainted. A few keel bolts out and one replaced.

Old chrome being re-chromed, some new bits of structural timber, mostly I put the works on FB. "yacht croix des gardes"
Is this a new boat ?
When visiting the Orwell your boat always brings a smile. 👍

Greg2

Visit site
I occasionally post updates on my project but there is no interest so I think that is why very few bother anymore.
Interesting point. I am always very interested to read about what boat projects people have on the go but perhaps the apparent absence of interest is linked to the general lower levels of activity on here compared with how it was before social media really took hold?

Greg2

Visit site
That would good.

Taking on an 80's boat and trying to bring it more up to date aesthetically and technology wise, I love seeing other projects. It has helped shape the way Tolerance has evolved over the years and provides ideas for the future😊

Yes, I too like to see what others are doing and how I might take inspiration from their ideas and approach. I am no craftsman and wouldn’t do a complete new fit out but I have done a lot of refurbishment and upgrading and generally improved each boat that we have owned….sometimes at financial loss when it comes to selling!😏

The current boat is intended to be a keeper so my man maths clearly demonstrates that our not insignificant expenditure is actually a sound investment! 😁

PCUK

Visit site
Here's a small project as part of the greater scheme. I don't like gear hanging on brackets so I made this simple pod for the VHF. It consists of 6mm ply encapsulated on all sides with resin and tissue and bonded together with mat and resin. Then covered with vinyl flooring (my covering of choice) with the corner trim from a length of 5mm polished stainless rod bonded on with CT1. I'm quite pleased with it.
Perhaps we need a new section on projects where we can show what we are doing without feeling embarrassed.
Small.jpeg

harvey38

Visit site
Here's a small project as part of the greater scheme. I don't like gear hanging on brackets so I made this simple pod for the VHF. It consists of 6mm ply encapsulated on all sides with resin and tissue and bonded together with mat and resin. Then covered with vinyl flooring (my covering of choice) with the corner trim from a length of 5mm polished stainless rod bonded on with CT1. I'm quite pleased with it.
Perhaps we need a new section on projects where we can show what we are doing without feeling embarrassed.
View attachment 172387
Well smart 👍