What is this ???

Refueler

Visit site
Behind my switch panel is this large blue box with no identifying labels at all .... it has a serious multi cable in and a co-ax ...

The installer has scribed two arrows on it to show orientation - giving indication that this is directional ...

I have B&G Tack and Wind displays - maybe to do with these ??

lS6dB98l.jpg

Hxzed0Nl.jpg

q6oCsgel.jpg

Z9jKxcil.jpg

9CxBeVfl.jpg

dT95PxFl.jpg

The multi cable connects to this :

bAprCiOl.jpg

ZMFVCrGl.jpg

So what is it ?? I've searched online and can find nothing to match it at all ....

Porthandbuoy

www.backbearing.com
Do the cables go anywhere? I found a hefty multi core on Sheolin that turned out to be from a removed radar system.

Sheolin does have one bit of kit that uses both multi core and co-ax, and that’s a Stowe Navigator 1&2 system which displays wind speed & direction plus boat speed. No junction box though.

TSB240

Visit site
"Concubine" a slave woman. Do you have a repeater instrument somewhere else?

Aniseed translates directly towards ouzo?

Suggest you find a bottle and drink it should resolve all your problems.

BabaYaga

Visit site
The coax indicates an aerial of some sort. My wild guess would be a home made remote control, that is being able to turn on certain switches/functions from a distance.

Refueler

Visit site
The coax indicates an aerial of some sort. My wild guess would be a home made remote control, that is being able to turn on certain switches/functions from a distance.

I have a distinct idea that the box interprets wind info and provides Tack info ..

Unfortunately I only have the display manuals and not the overall for the B&G gear ...

greeny

Visit site
Clearly marked + and -. Get the test meter out and see which switch on the panel turns the supply on and off, it may give a clue. Last four connections -ve , then instrument, slave, siren? Good luck.

Daydream believer

Visit site
I would be tempted to open the box & check the connections first to see if it is active. Then turn on all the instruments, wind depth etc. Disconect one at a time ( then re connect) & see what works, or does not, as suggested earlier.
There is evidence of corrosion on the outside so it may actually be redundant. My Simrad set had a distribution box ( albeit a bit more sophisticated) rather like that & each instrument was powered from it. I later changed the instruments & left the box in place for a couple of years until I got round to removing the wires. I needed the box to show me where the wires terminated so I knew what ones to remove.

Refueler

Visit site
Flicked switches ... all sorts other than opening up box .... nothing changes regardless of what switch etc.

Now interesting thing is that while delving into the underbunk depths .... this was found :

LVotEd7l.jpg

and at the end of its cable :

PMwhEYZl.jpg

OK the flash has washed out the colour ... but its similar colour to the multi core cable from this Blue Box. I'm wondering if that Blue Box is like 'Daydream Believers' box ... a remnant of that old Garmin ??

I shall be 'googling' a lot about that unit.