What is it with Trader Boats

Seasickness

Visit site
Sea motion in a trader 535

Has anyone experience with this boat regarding its motion at sea and its fuel consumption?
There is something that really appeals about there style. Certainly not speed.
Does any one have any experience with them.
Aquastars i find have a similar appeal, but not as much, any opinions on those too :)

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
I seldom visit here but managed to spot this thread.

For the record I was dealing with a company with Tarquin that was the subject of both ITV and BBC programs for the terrible fraud against customers.
I managed to get a refund after incredible public pressure.

Since then I have only had the one boat which I still have. It was let down buy the after sales service and I ended up forking out about 50k from my own pocket to put it right. I am now very pleased with it.

In between the boats I did have a contract dispute with another boat dealer (no actual boat involved) and won in court becaiuse it was a black and whiye breach of contract. I ended up sending the bailiffs in.

It seems that some on this forum are prepared to accept rubbish from boat builders. I am not. Ity also seems that some prefer to distort the facts for some sort of personal satisfaction that never ceases to surprise me.

After my experience with the build quality of circa 2005 Traders I would never go near one again.

Some of the older models are better boats.

capnsensible

Visit site
A few years ago I delivered a Trader 44, an older one, from Majorca to Benelmadina on the Costa Del Sol. It was probably one of the most seaworthy MBs Ive ever been to sea on. Got a very unforecast gale with short big seas off Ibiza, no turning back, bashed on into harbour.

Amazing, foredeck stayed dry throughout.

Only snag on way was one engine blew a fresh water pump, Volvo. Got a replacement easily in Cartagena, fitted it, next day on way.

Couple of years later, took it to Portugal and back from Gib.

If ever we had a MB, that's the one for me, wife loves em too, calls them our 'retirement boat'!!!