What is it? Rust removal on gelcoat; or stainless

Steve Clayton

www.aloeland.co.uk
Canopy base screw ; maybe not quite up to standard and it has left this stain on the surrounding gelcoat.

P6271360.jpg

Bit of a party onboard last night (big q waiting to get into Chi) and H pipes up "I got something to sort that" so I grabbed the bottle off him this morning; and this is the result:

P6271364.jpg

and it brings stainless up, with so little effort; it's brill.

So what is the product????

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
Canopy base screw ; maybe not quite up to standard and it has left this stain on the surrounding gelcoat.

P6271360.jpg

Bit of a party onboard last night (big q waiting to get into Chi) and H pipes up "I got something to sort that" so I grabbed the bottle off him this morning; and this is the result:

P6271364.jpg

and it brings stainless up, with so little effort; it's brill.

So what is the product????

Oxalic, and try some of it on that degrading teak while you are at it, it will come up looking new.
C_W

HoratioHB

sowethereyet.blogspot.co.uk
Just a word of warning - I used to use it lots as well but it strips any polish away as well as the corrosion products. So if you use it to clean the chrome its worth using metal polish afterwards otherwise the rot comes back very quickly.

smee

Visit site
Here in Spain we have Ferronet, does rust on stainless or GRP a treat and can brighten teak. It also gets cal off the windows and the skin off your hands! Also useful for de-cal-ing the tap fittings at home.