What gives you a buzz with the liveaboard life ?

Visit site
Its funny how things change over time. What was once annoying can be now fun and relaxing.. What was once hard work can be enjoyable.

Many think of sailing, sunsets, swimming etc etc...

Some recent things we have, and continue to enjoy.

Living to a tight budget.. it really is good, very rewarding.
Listening to creaks and groans, becomes comforting, you wake up when it changes or stops !
Lying in bed reading a good book whilst a hooley of a blow comes through .. like the last few days !.. Watching torrential rain .. like the last few days lol.....
Having a pilothouse to enable a view as opposed to sitting below in a cave...
Molly the one eyed cat who thinks she is a dog.. who needs entertainment. ?
Not seeing one person for days on end.. luxury..
No ringing phones .. (No phones !)
Cooking superb fresh food.. menu is often dictated by whats on offer.. and then deciding on a good way to prepare it.
Having the time to read what you ant when you want.
No Television
No news papers
No silly recycling
No worries re what you wear

Just a few things.. its a great life, it really is.. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

silver-fox

yacht.silverfox.googlepages.com
Waking up when you want to and slipping into shorts and a tee shirt and being "ready for work"....plus most of the things you list.

Perversely the satisfaction that comes from successfully fixing something either through ingenuity or sheer persistence, you thought was too difficult to fix.

Conachair

Visit site
Being silly enough to run out of deisil or having an overheating engine. And then actually sailing all the way.....
And then of course fixing the engine a week sooner than you thought you would!
But tonight it's getting google maps to work in a website www.conachair.co.uk
(alright the sites a mess but one thing at a time! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif)

DaveNTL

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Having a pilothouse to enable a view as opposed to sitting below in a cave...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. I'm often pleased about that one when I'm in my floating conservatory. Though I don't worry about what I wear whether I'm on it or not, much to the consternation of the neighbours.

Apart from that? Just the 'travelling the world whilst living at home' is the best buzz. I'm off back to the boat next week after months of housey stuff. Hurrah! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ribrage

Visit site
watching the kids playing in the dinghy, whilst kicked back and relaxing in the hammock (they bought me) in a secluded anchorage, with just the occasional sound of the fridge keeping the beer cold...................... ahhh

Totally agree with deck saloon concept, I never spend anytime in the lower saloon, I usually sleep in the deck saloon as well, no curtains, loads of light and no need for an alarm clock, sun up, get up.

trouville

N/A
Visit site
"I too have a garden shed on the deck and it is the envy of cave dwellers"

Thats very true!once you have a dog house its hard to do without.That goes for the cold wet northern regions as well.

Sun or rain its good.Keeps the sun off and rain!Once in Port Azzuro i went to the cinimar -(place to watch films)It began blowing,then drops of rain everyone left(open air) i ran back to the boat just one street and accross the square i clossed the portlights then stood under the dog house the rain pounding down while i watched the cafes filling

I got my jacket and joined those in the cafe.I was surprised that the majority of boats simply closed their washboards and stayed aboard below!

Bejasus

Visit site
Our shed, complete with removable roof panel & built in bug nets.
1d+YRiN70GEMDhs7OSLyHBCLl5N5u1Q40300.jpg

suse

Visit site
You're a rough ole lot - I had a conservatory .... la dee dah!

And the reasons listed above are why I'm off to France to check out the boats at St Jean de Losne ...

Yes, I've loved living aboard. One thing I'd like to ask, though - I enjoy doing other things as well - family at home, travelling overland, my private life - none of which would currently fit in with a full time PERMANENT liveaboard life. So I compromise, juggling. What do other people do/think?

Susy x

suse

Visit site
I mean - is sailing/boating/living on board ALL you do or want to do? Or is it just part of several things you do with your life? I'm a frantic multi-tasker...

NO photos of either NYE party!! Thank goodness .... this year's was VAI-IRY sedate by contrast... hehe

S x

Visit site
hmm, well, the boat is a home, the sailing is a means to an end.. yes, many other things done,, its sort of a relocation really to a cheaper less intrusive world.. anything else you wanna do is possible..

Ps, re the no photos of the 'interesting' NYE party, thats not what I have been told lol... a good price was offered, and accepted.. apparantly YouTube is beckoning...

Really, its just a base, the world is yer crab... or was it oyster ??? dunno

Oliveoyl

www.yotblog.com
Does time go faster or slower when you liveaboard? Was once told that once you're over the hill you go faster, but these days I hardly see the seasons pass. And things don't seem to let up when we're cruising - places to go, things to see, shopping to do....
But in 4 years time (which will pass in the blink of an eye), I can maybe start a new life as a human being, rather than a human doing.
Does time go back to being 60min/24 hours/7 days, or am I stuck in a time warp?