What do you think....

Visit site
AlertofFowey.jpg

and

Alert2.jpg

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peterduck

Visit site
Bee-you-tiful! Very like 'Swallow', the 1917 fishing ketch that I've just sold. You can keep your Fife's and Nicholsons - I love old working boats. They have an uncompromising honesty and fitness-for-purpose that I adore.
Peter.

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
somewhere up the Tamar

[/ QUOTE ]
Well done! Not at all far out.... about as far up the Tamar as one can get.
[ QUOTE ]
very nice , I presume you didn't take the pics yourself

[/ QUOTE ]
Cheeky *bu*gg*er*....!

[ QUOTE ]
Beautiful old boats!

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a brand-new construction, from recently-discovered plans. Want one?

Alert of Fowey

Nice?

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bajansailor

Visit site
I thought it did look rather like Morwhellam Quay, but wasnt too sure - however after browsing their splendid web-page of Alert under construction I see that she was built there.

She is rather gorgeous for sure. I would love to have one - 127k is a wee bit dear though.....

Oh, excellent photos Bill!

Visit site
Er, the 'congratulations' are due to Will Stirling, who built the boat virtually single-handed, virtually in the open, at Morwellham Quay. He's the man!

I've just been roped in to lend a hand on her first voyage - and to find some of the kit needed.

She's beautifully built - like a Swiss watch - and I guess we're going to have lots of fun finding out how she likes to do things. I've spent most of my years perforce sailing 'non-classic' boats. That's not prejudice, just happenstance, and this is an opportunity that doesn't come by often.

So, what do you think? Should I grab the chance with both hands - or find compelling reasons why I really ought to stay at home?

I thought so, too.....

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif