What boat-related stuff did you do today? (sat 6/3)

Kelpie

Visit site
Watched my boat bouncing around on her mooring. Gusting over 60mph and lashing down rain. Went looking for the mooring buoy which had vanished. No sign. Went home.

Tam Lin

Visit site
Stuck the name on the mooring buoy. Drilled out the holes on my new bow roller. Marked out and drilled holes for the ventilation louvred covers on my new washboards. Cut a piece of ply for a seat bottom to the wrong size!

underdog

Visit site
Went down to the boat, brewed a cup of coffee, started the engine, started the eberspacher, took the dogs for a walk,closed the boat up. Had a glass of guinness in the club.All set for tomorrows race.

guernseyman

Visit site
Fitted new spreader on mizzen. Cleaned space for new tabernacle. Cut anode bolts to size. Bought rope for main topping lift with breaking strain of two and a half tons - after dealing with a split mainsail last year I want to feel safe hanging on the boom in a heaving sea. Removed reefing lines from old mainsail and tidied them up for the new one.

Chatted with guy who lost his boat last winter laid up where mine is now. Freak seas had come over the wall and floated the boats, crashing them into each other.

Javelin

www.Southwoldboatyard.co.uk
Emptied and sponged dried the bilge (regular task with a keel stepped mast)
Scrubbed the galley area, under and behind the cooker.
Scrubbed the forward heads.
Collected various food items that are very dead
Found a plastic container with four very old (2006) flares in the deepest recesses under the sink.

Last edited:

Neil

Visit site
Sailed out of the harbour with a reef in the main and two in the genoa - F5 gusting to F7. Even reefed, the toe-rails were getting a good dunking - should have put two reefs in the main, maybe: reef for the gusts and live with the lulls, as they say. In putting in the reef, I'd lost the stop to prevent the sliders falling out of the mast track so needs must I hove-to back in the harbour to sort it out. A fresh breeze was blowing me off my pontoon and I'd had a bit of a charge on so, my centre cleat mooring loop stopped my forward progress with more abruptness than I liked. Not out for long but it blew the cobwebs away......

yoda

Visit site
Emptied, removed, cleaned and then pressure tested the fuel tank to find not one but 4 pin hole leaks. Then cleaned the area where it has sat for 36 years and drilled limber holes where they should have been put 36 years ago! Now all I have to do is get the tank repaired in a week so I can refit it ready to motor away when launched. Not sure the port side is going to get polished at this rate ( the stbd side is polished).

Yoda

EuanMcKenzie

Visit site
Nursed a hangover:-( :-( :-(
C_W

:)

Me i did the boring stuff too but with boat still in the water on its pontoon

Screwed some hatch trims back in place having been oiled etc at home
replaced the newly varnished saloon floor then
removed the cockpit seating to take home and sort out in the warmth of my wee workshop
Tidied some scrappy wiring around my nav table, started the engine, then gave up before it really filled in - it was blowing 30 knots at lunch time and freshening!