what boat do you have

QBhoy

Visit site
You forgot to mention the Enertia prop!!
Haha. Probably mentioned it enough by now ! But yeah…some prop. Also been so impressed with the tempest plus I have on the fletcher these days. Also a great prop. On the hunt for a good old school laser 2 25” for the wee classic Cvx16 and her big V6 merc 2 stroke now. Can’t find one for love, nor money !

QBhoy

Visit site
always liked these...such solid wee boats, told by their fixtures and fittings alone, I think. Is she an outboard or inboard ? I am familiar with a couple of these here on Loch Lomond. One has a Honda 90 on her (I'm sure) and the other I knew had a VP diesel inboard...a kad32 or perhaps even a d3 from memory. The outboard one I am more familiar with and she seems to get a long lovely and very frugal. Proper and capable hull, I thought.

ColleyV8

Visit site
always liked these...such solid wee boats, told by their fixtures and fittings alone, I think. Is she an outboard or inboard ? I am familiar with a couple of these here on Loch Lomond. One has a Honda 90 on her (I'm sure) and the other I knew had a VP diesel inboard...a kad32 or perhaps even a d3 from memory. The outboard one I am more familiar with and she seems to get a long lovely and very frugal. Proper and capable hull, I thought.

D3 diesel, quite frugal compared to the petrol v8 Glastron cruiser I had before

Time Out

Visit site

The one on Loch Lomond was the one I was looking at. With Stan P. Had the KAD in it.

QBhoy

Visit site
D3 diesel, quite frugal compared to the petrol v8 Glastron cruiser I had before
I'll bet...mind and keep an eye on the timing belt on that engine, as you'll likely know anyway...other than that, they seem to be great engines. Tried and tested for a couple of decades nearly, in countless XC90's around the world...solid things, as long as the belt is kept in schedule. The Sealine SC29 in front of me has a pair of them...very powerful things for what they are.

MapisM

Visit site
I'm a bit late to this thread.
So, in the hope to be forgiven for the delay, I'll throw in a contribution which doesn't show only boats, but also some nice anchorages.

The boat in the first video isn't actually mine anymore, but since she's the one I owned for longer in many years of boating, and also because timber boats always have a certain "je ne sais quoi" attached to them, it would be unfair to forget her.

The second video shows my current home from home, instead. The plastic one, I mean.
The other two timber masterpieces (one of which built by Baglietto, and I kid you not!) are just for viewers' pleasure.

stelican

Visit site
I'm a bit late to this thread.
So, in the hope to be forgiven for the delay, I'll throw in a contribution which doesn't show only boats, but also some nice anchorages.

The boat in the first video isn't actually mine anymore, but since she's the one I owned for longer in many years of boating, and also because timber boats always have a certain "je ne sais quoi" attached to them, it would be unfair to forget her.

The second video shows my current home from home, instead. The plastic one, I mean.
The other two timber masterpieces (one of which built by Baglietto, and I kid you not!) are just for viewers' pleasure.

Excellent video reminds me of Newtown creek in the Solent!?
Your boat looks similar to 55 Fairline. What make /model is it please

MapisM

Visit site
It's rather unlikely that you heard of the builder, because I don't think they ever had any distributor in the UK.
And sadly, it's one of several Italian boatbuilders which were wiped away by the aftermath of the global financial crisis.
Anyway, "Dalla Pietà" was their name, and "DP 56 Asterion" is the model of my boat.

If by chance you still have a copy of November 1991 MBM (if not, I can email you the PDF file, if you're interested), there was a nice article featuring a custom built DP commissioned by a British boater.
I'm afraid I'm not aware of any other UK press reports, also because for as long as DP were up and running, they always struggled to keep up with the domestic demand and didn't even bother to look at export markets.

Farmer Piles

Visit site
Attempt 2. Cropped it down to reduce the file sizeView attachment 129284
As per the previous post, we are keeping the Yamarin as she is a cracking boat, but we are now the proud owners of an Aquador 32C. Picture to follow. She is currently sitting in one of my grain sheds being tarted up and crawled over in an effort to familiarise myself with her. Tweaking a bit too in that she came from fresh water so only 30m of anchor chain. Bit the bullet and bought 60m of new 8mm chain. Damned heavy. She only has speed and depth, no nav gear, fitting a Raymarine 9 Elements and an autopilot and AIS. A fixed VHF radio too,

Piers

www.playdeau.com
For 18 years, we owned Play d'eau. Sold her late last year - still finding it really hard to think we don't have her any more...

Shell-Bay-web.jpg