What Are Your Cruising Plans This Summer?

Habebty

Visit site
Bit nosey perhaps, but it's always nice to know if there is the serendipitous possibility of bumping into another forumite on a cruise!

So it's time for the annual "where you off to thread"

I'm kind of thinking about a cruise along from Boulogne to Cherbourg then across to Chichester via Bembridge and back home, but could easily end up in Holland :)

Don't forget your ECF burgee either!

sailorman

Visit site
To do the French coast, best is anticlockwise, do south coast first, then you have the flood tide up the French side arriving at your destination @ around HW

A discount @ Cb if your an RYA member
1/2 price @ Ouiesthiem

Last edited:

nigelm

Visit site
Nothing cast in stone yet but a 2 weeker at end of June and another 2 weeker in August, family have decreed that we go south to IOW at least one of those occasions , so need to ramp them up to a night passage or 2 , should be fun ?

Tiller Girl

Visit site
Bit nosey perhaps, but it's always nice to know if there is the serendipitous possibility of bumping into another forumite on a cruise!

So it's time for the annual "where you off to thread"

I'm kind of thinking about a cruise along from Boulogne to Cherbourg then across to Chichester via Bembridge and back home, but could easily end up in Holland :)

Don't forget your ECF burgee either!

Don't forget the two free supplements on www.crossingthethamesestuary.com - first does the tides Boulogne to St Valerie (ATSO) and the second Ramsgit to Dover and crossing the TSS providing accurate offsets for the deliberate X-track 'error' for Calais or Boulogne - if you go that way round. I am tempted to go again and the club is doing a cruise down there. Just wondering if SWMBO will trust my health.

Gwylan

Visit site
After we sort a land base then hopefully we will wander the other side of the Channel. Fecamp for the food, Dieppe for the delights of the harbour office and a trip to anywhere else that will have us. The an Autumn trip to The Netherlands

Spuddy

Visit site
A trip over to Boulogne or Dunkirk as soon as reasonably clement for some fish soup. Later on a jaunt north aiming for Wells at least and further if funds and time allow

wingdiver

WWW.MYSPACE.COM
I'm waiting for Habebty to formalise his plans and then going somewhere different having been holed up by the weather with him on more than one occasion in the recent past....:rolleyes:
Seriously though, probably back to Holland but places we haven't been, which would be parts of the Ijsselmeer and maybe a mast up route between Amsterdam and Rotterdam one way or the other (if the route isn't blocked).

Champagne Murphy

Visit site
Go to the Mouth of the Orwell then; turn left/turn right/go straight ahead/turn back.
Always had an ambition in mind but rarely ever managed to totally fulfill it!

Colvic Watson

Visit site
Plans have had to change so no Denmark. Instead a month pootling around Holland, then three weeks exploring old haunts on the East Coast. Then it's off with the treadmaster and on with something else - TBD.