What an awsome day for sailing!

Jomo

Visit site
Was at Levington yesterday sanding & varnishing. Cheked the river Orwell longingly at about 14.00, looked like the M25. You buggers are making me jealous! Even worse, back to work today /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

TimfromMersea

Boat at West Mersea, Essex. Live in Wivenhoe, Esse
Visit site
What more could we want? I'll tell you - to be out there with you enjoying it.........currently laid up with a broken leg.

It happened on a walking holiday in Cornwall, although I wasn't walking at the time, and simply fell down an unlit flight of steps in the hotel grounds.

Broken tibia and now the proud possessor of an 'intramedullary nail' and a sick certificate for 8 weeks. My wife took me to Brightlingsea yesterday and I looked longingly at a big Laser (looked like an SB3) as it heeled to the breeze and shot off.

Any 'medical types' out there that would like to hazard a guess at how long it will be before I'm sailing again? The accident was on the 15th September and then I had to have a skin graft over the hole left by the insertion of the pin. I'm 54 but in good health and reasonably fit. I'm sure the rest of this season is out but I'd like to be able to look forward to next year.

Hope that those of you who can get out have fair winds for the rest of the sailing year!

Cantata

Visit site
You should be fine. I smashed a tibia to bits years ago, had 6 pins in it, and was dinghy racing again 3 months later. You chose a good time of year to do it (if there is such a thing... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Cotillion

Visit site
Like you I was looking for more of the same on Sunday. Unfortunately all I got was fog from Lowestoft to Orfordness and to make it worse had to push the tide virtually all the way there with, all be it a breeze, dead on the nose. Turn the corner (well elbow) at Orfordness and I was in a different world. A clear sky, the sea had turned from mud grey to blue(ish) and there was an orange haze where the land should have been (never actually saw the lighthouse) under a sun that was an hour or so off setting. The tide had turned an hour since and and the wind backed enough to set full sail and we were gently heeled doing 7kn over the ground.

When the sun disappeared the best part of a moon took over and lit up the sea with shards of gold. Mrs Cotillion found a tin of chicken cassarole, a bag of rice and a bottle of beer. A magical evening after a miserable day.