What a lovely day

Gavi

Visit site
We had a party last night for a lady who lives on the river near PH. 60 years old and still looks 40. Honest(ish). Woke up with a bad head and told all that it would be a crime not to take the boat out....so we did. A lovely day. Very pleased to see Brad rafting at The Swan. In late October /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site
Great! I wondered how many would be out today. Didn't see too many folk about this part of the river but Friday and Saturday was very busy. I used the opportunity to get the Marquee down. Amazing! got it down and into the barn in no time at all despite S.S. Obergruppenfuhrer Eileen barking orders which if we'd followed would mean we'd still be there next week.

ianc1200

Visit site
Went up from Hurley to Pangbourne Friday, Goring for lunch (Catherine Wheel) still flowing a lot back out of Mapleduram, and according to the lockkeeperess at Caversham were reported for speeding past the hire boatyard at Caversham. Stayed above the St Patricks stream Saturday evening, down to Henley to watch my son's U12 Henley A rugby team beat Marlow 49-7, and back to base yesterday afternoon in glorious weather, and started winterising SA.

Looks bad for the John Barleycorn though, think my favourite Thames pub won't be there next season.

IanC

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
and according to the lockkeeperess at Caversham were reported for speeding past the hire boatyard at Caversham.

Looks bad for the John Barleycorn though, think my favourite Thames pub won't be there next season.

IanC

[/ QUOTE ]

Speeding eh! well you are supposed to go astern and lose all steerage when a heavy stream is running.
Don't worry about the John Barleycorn, it will be OK. Next time in Goring try the new Indian next to the Chemists. Even Indians say its really good so by our standards its excellent.

bradtarga34

Visit site
I was keeping an eye out for you going up river on Saturday Gavi and could just about make your boat out down the siding now that you have moved her. Had a cracking dinner at The Waterside with Two Rebels on Saturday night and the boats (mine especially, being unbiased!) looked great moored on their jetty lit up with floodlights. Sounds like we had matching hangovers on Sunday with me trying vainly at The Swan to get the ol/ hair of the dog to shift it, so with my head in my hands missed you going past /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif!

Gavi

Visit site
Shame! We went by VERY SLOWLY but perhaps it was too early - 1ish /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I ended up in The Bells with a neighbour and, er, felt much better by early evening. Then met up with the couple who live aboard Daybreak and SWMBO sensibly forced me home at an early hour.

Am quite pleased with the back mooring. The poles make it a little less of a worry. SWMBO is happy to have the front view back too (so to speak).

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Had a cracking dinner at The Waterside

[/ QUOTE ]

You had a good meal at the Waterside? The one at Bray? If so you must have taken your own sandwiches or had a Take-away sent in.