Week-end tour around the Bristol Channel

Elza_Skip

Visit site
Hi Folks

Weather is looking good so I am taking Thurs and Friday off to have a long week-end so keep an eye out for us and say hi! Boat is a Sealine S23 called Wispy.

Thursday heading from Cardiff to Watchet
Fri to Portishead after poking our nose into Bridgwater if there is enough water.
Sat head into Bristol docks (our first time), probably on the visitor pontoons
Sun or Monday evening head back to Cardiff

Can't wait! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Sneds

Visit site
Hi lucky devil, hope you have a good and safe trip.
Would have popped by to say hello when you come to Bristol but we are away on a narrow boat (sshh!)
There is a great previous thread on here about the procedure to enter the docks if you haven't been up before.
If you moor by the Arnolfini our boat "Misty Spirit" will be opposite you, soon to go to EBY as a part ex on anothert, can hardly wait to get her and we wil then be doing your cruise, but bckwards!
Have fun /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kds

www.canongrange.co.uk
"our nose into Bridgwater "

I presume you have local knowledge of the river Parrot. Don't forget the tide turns later up at Bridgwater and then sluices out past Burnham.
Give us a wave at Burnham sailing club. !
Ken /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

LizzyD

Visit site
I've just arranged to take a mate out sailing. He's never been before but has already decided that he wants a boat. We're going on Friday morning to Flat Holm but wil return the same day. I've just suggested to Bev that on Saturday, we go on an overnight-er. Possibly to Bristol or Portishead as the tides and weather look good.

I'll take the digital camera to be able to report back properly on Sunday night. I think I'm on call on the Bank Holiday Monday which has stuffed things up a bit.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Lizzy D

Wai_Tapu

Visit site
Pill have their annual regatta on Saturday 25th - rowing races, jazz and BBQ on Pump Square plus drinks from the Duke. Visitors buoy and a few empty trot moorings in the creek if you want to visit. PCC (Portishead Cruising Club) have their annual Docks Rally in the marina Fri 31st night through to Sun 2nd lunchtime - bar, live music and disco, BBQ and pig roast Sat night, breakfasts and lunch from the galley. All protected by marquee with tables/chairs, dancefloor. Great fun, all welcome! (Particularly by boat /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Elza_Skip

Visit site
As for Bridgwater, we will be using the pilot book on a risng neap tide to go as far up the Parrot as we feel safe (probably not far past Burnham)

Thanks for the warning

Sneds

Visit site
We were there last year, a great weekend! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif