Webasto trouble

christopherc

Visit site
Anyone know why the heating control just cuts out completely when turned up? The light comes on up to the point where the thermostat tells it to start, then when turned further goes out. No error flashes, just out and I have to turn off completely to get it to try again. If i turn it really carefully just to the point before it goes out, it does startup and then seems ok. I suspect a dodgy control but thought I would ask to see if anyone has had similar problems. It was brand new last August, so not impressed if it has failed already

mpopeye

Visit site
Warrenty period is years, it sounds like the resister/switch in the controller is at fault. When the light goes out does the heater go into its cool down cycle? if so the fault is in the switch and needs replacing.

christopherc

Visit site
I think you're right popeye, it seems to run fine once it gets going but that involves a lot of fiddling with the switch. Its as if it loses the contact in the switch as soon as it gets to a level when the heater should come on, ie when it goes live. I'll ask the webasto man at the show.

I guess the most dissapointing part is having to have the heating on at all this time of year.

christopherc

Visit site
Spoke to keto and they said pull the connection out of the back of the switch by about 1/3, and generally jiggle about with it. Hey presto it works! Not exactly a technical solution, but i'm not complaining. He did offer to replace also, so we'll see how it goes