We value you privacy !!!!!!!

Crowblack

Visit site
Every time I come into the forum, read a post go back to list of forms or anytime I change a screen up comes "we value your privacy" with an accept button.

It's driving me nuts - - anyone know how to stop it ?

[176172]

Visit site
Every time I come into the forum, read a post go back to list of forms or anytime I change a screen up comes "we value your privacy" with an accept button.

It's driving me nuts - - anyone know how to stop it ?

Me also, admin please get off your collective bottoms and sort it.

Dan Tribe

Visit site
Yes, it's a real annoyance. I assumed that I had something wrong in my settings, but it's not just me apparently.

Crowblack

Visit site
Try an adblocker.

Well yes, but (think it's on some TV sites) if you've got one you're asked to switch it off and that's irritating too. (now sounding like a grumpy old git)

Thing is though - - this (for me anyway) has only just started happening - I've not changed anything - so surely the "powers that be" at YBW can switch the damn thing off.

I don't mind "accepting" each time into the forum but every - - - - - - page is excessive.

Breath deeply and slowly - - - - that's better - - - calm - calm.

Cantata

Visit site
I get this every few days looking at ybw on an old iPad, no ad blocker. Renders the site virtually unusable so I go look at other sites instead, admin please note.

jaypea

Visit site
I think it depends on whether you stay 'logged in' to the site.
I'm the same as Vyv but set mine up by logging into site fully, then bookmarking the forum page.

VicS

Visit site
I get this very occasionally
I always stay logged in (Widows 10 and Chrome)
Adblock is on
The forum page is bookmarked

I have no idea what triggers it but it is so infrequent it is not a problem. One click and it's gone

Edit just tried Microsoft whateveritis instead of Chrome and "it" appeared but I was not logged in via whateveritis

Last edited:

Tiercel

travelpod.com
I've just started getting it every time I change the page. HEY ADMIN IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE LISTENING!
Of course it could just be someone in the office winding us up.

coopec

N/A
Visit site
Last edited:

Elemental

Visit site
FIXED - Re: We value you privacy !!!!!!!

I have just fixed this (after much investigation). Essentially it looks like there was a corrupt cookie in the browser cookie jar. If you are using Chrome as your browser here are the steps that worked for me.

1. Navigate to 'chrome://settings/siteData' (without the quotes) by pasting or typing it into the address bar and hit return
  2. type 'ybw' into the search area (not in "Search settings" at the top - but the smaller one adjacent the magnifying glass
  3. delete everything there by clicking on the bin icon. There will likely be some for www.ybw.com and some for ybw.com. Get rid of all
  4. Close the tab.
  5. Visit ybw.com/forums - YOu'll need top log in, but for me, all is well now.

Lightwave395

Visit site
Re: FIXED - Re: We value you privacy !!!!!!!

I have just fixed this (after much investigation). Essentially it looks like there was a corrupt cookie in the browser cookie jar. If you are using Chrome as your browser here are the steps that worked for me.

1. Navigate to 'chrome://settings/siteData' (without the quotes) by pasting or typing it into the address bar and hit return
  2. type 'ybw' into the search area (not in "Search settings" at the top - but the smaller one adjacent the magnifying glass
  3. delete everything there by clicking on the bin icon. There will likely be some for www.ybw.com and some for ybw.com. Get rid of all
  4. Close the tab.
  5. Visit ybw.com/forums - YOu'll need top log in, but for me, all is well now.

Solved it for me, thanks :encouragement:

Cantata

Visit site
Re: FIXED - Re: We value you privacy !!!!!!!

Thanks Sea_Spray. Now, can you come up with a similar fix for the Safari browser on my old iPad?! :encouragement: