waveline xs dinghy inflator

jimmyk

Visit site
Hi. I have a waveline xs dinghy. I have lost the adapter to blow it up. Its the one that has a sort of locking claw type end. I bought a generic one but i cannot get the thing to work. I can only blow it up when the valve is released and so when i take out the pump the thing goes down. I suspect I am doing something stupid. Any ideas please

LandM

Visit site
jimmyK did you get your valve inflator adaptor sorted in the end? We are having exactly the same problem with our own Waveline dinghy so would be useful to know which adaptor worked for you.

nemodreams

Visit site
Mine is a waveline - the replacement, twist on connectors sold at various chandlers tend to leak - too loose a fit. I added an extra washer and it was fine. The cork is not thick enough - but the moulded fitting is ok.
My original I had with the dingy was perfect.

Not really a difficult problem to sort out - but then I'm used to fixing every new thing I buy these days - so that it it actually works !

Edit - sorry it's a Wetline, not Waveline. The connectors do sound like the same though ( Halkey valves ? )

Geoff

Last edited:

jimmyk

Visit site
The one you need has two little extra bits on the bottom of the valve to push the rubber open on the dinghy. Got mine from the manufacturers as chandler ones do not work. Away at the mo so can't remember exactly where I got it from