Volvo TAMD61A Raw Water Pump - Jabsco 10770

matthewriches

www.matthewriches.co.uk
Morning all :)

I am in need of a bit of advice regarding the Jabsco raw water pump (part no 10770) as fitted to my TAMD61A's.

One of the units self destructed tearing the seals and spraying water everywhere. Having now removed from the vessel and cleaned up, upon dismantling, there is no logical way the new seal kit fits. Volspec in Ipswich have twice sent the wrong parts because they're unable to understand how an engine serial number works. Then ASAP Supplies in Beccles were great at supplying the correct parts from Jabsco Jabsco 21849 Pump Mechanical Seal Assembly

The Volvo drawing for the correct pump does not show orientation of seals and being mechanical seals, I'd expect them to land in the "correct" way. There is a sprung seal that sits between then pump and output from the engine which could also go in any orientation.

Thanks,
Matt

scottie

Visit site
Is it possible that you no longer have the original pump
Volvo are guilty of replacing items with different new parts but not having decent trails in parts bookstores or stores
Original volvo parts are not normally very easy to identify as makers
I would suggest that Volspec are normally able to read and understand partnumber and I say this as having worked with volvo parts for many years till I retired

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Morning all :)

I am in need of a bit of advice regarding the Jabsco raw water pump (part no 10770) as fitted to my TAMD61A's.

One of the units self destructed tearing the seals and spraying water everywhere. Having now removed from the vessel and cleaned up, upon dismantling, there is no logical way the new seal kit fits. Volspec in Ipswich have twice sent the wrong parts because they're unable to understand how an engine serial number works. Then ASAP Supplies in Beccles were great at supplying the correct parts from Jabsco Jabsco 21849 Pump Mechanical Seal Assembly

The Volvo drawing for the correct pump does not show orientation of seals and being mechanical seals, I'd expect them to land in the "correct" way. There is a sprung seal that sits between then pump and output from the engine which could also go in any orientation.

Thanks,
Matt
There is an early and late pump , can’t understand why a dealer can get it wrong it’s easy to input the serial number to get to the correct part . The manual will show you which way around the seal fits , I assume you mean the ceramic seal , if so the rubber cup is the first part to insert into the pump body as it’s the spring loaded part that rotates with the shaft .

matthewriches

www.matthewriches.co.uk
There is an early and late pump , can’t understand why a dealer can get it wrong it’s easy to input the serial number to get to the correct part . The manual will show you which way around the seal fits , I assume you mean the ceramic seal , if so the rubber cup is the first part to insert into the pump body as it’s the spring loaded part that rotates with the shaft .

The local Volspec here are renowned for it. They're the slowest thing in the world. Slower than a snail. Then when you do get something, it's wrong. Always. All sorted now and will assemble tomorrow. An arse to get off as the gap between the front of the engine and the bulkhead is about 10mm smaller than you need!