Volvo penta kad44 only revs to 1200rpm

QBhoy

Visit site
Likely too simple a thought, but have you tried to open the throttle locally at the engine, to eliminate the issue being related to remote control actuation ?

QBhoy

Visit site
Ah. Wasn’t sure if this was fly by wire or not. Think I presumed the kad44 was based on the older 41 engine like the Kad32 is based on the old 31. Fair play.

Perry8007

Visit site
Hi there motor is still on going
Have just fitted a new flywheel sensor still the same
Hopefully have found a Voda scoop find out this week
Can someone please tell me what unplugging number 1 injector should do
We unplugged and dose nothing I thought it would bring up a fault code
And maybe not start
Thanks perry

Last edited:

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
The number 1 injector as I’ve said before sends a signal to the ecu every time it fires , this is to in turn advance the injection timing when the throttle is opened .

I can’t help thinking that your fault is a really simple problem possibly due to installation as you have no edc fault codes .

Perry8007

Visit site
The number 1 injector as I’ve said before sends a signal to the ecu every time it fires , this is to in turn advance the injection timing when the throttle is opened .

I can’t help thinking that your fault is a really simple problem possibly due to installation as you have no edc fault codes .
Thanks for that had injector tested came back fine
Grabbing at strews now
Don’t know where to look. Have cleaned every plug
Have got heaps of fuel all new filters
It has as stumped

kashurst

Visit site
have you properly tested the fuel lift pump (not the injection pump) on the engine? (part no 860320) disconnect the exit fuel pipe from the engine fuel filter and put a jar/container over the end and crank the engine. Should squirt out lots of diesel.

Perry8007

Visit site
have you properly tested the fuel lift pump (not the injection pump) on the engine? (part no 860320) disconnect the exit fuel pipe from the engine fuel filter and put a jar/container over the end and crank the engine. Should squirt out lots of diesel.
Hi yep have put a new lift pump on and have tested it have got heaps of fuel pumping out
Thanks
Is there anyway we can put videos up on here
Cheers

Perry8007

Visit site
Hi there
Have put some videos on YouTube Blackmail kad44
Have just fitted a new starter motor we cooked the old one o much winding over
Now it won’t stay running
Have bleed and primed all the lines
Have video of the lift pump and creaking the injectors
Just won’t stay running and not starting very well
Cheers perry

andy59

Visit site
Hi Perry, i ran a pair of 44s for 3 years and looking at that video, the supercharger clutch cutting in and out combined with odd noise is not something i remember. They normally start on the button and tickover is rock solid, looks like you have fuel ok though.

JerseyDiver

Visit site
Have you removed the pipe on left hand side of engine that goes to boost pressure sensor on ECU and made sure it is absolutely dry. Any condensation /moisture in this pipe and you will have the symptoms you have your engine.

jrudge

Visit site
Presumably the supercharger is controlled by the edc system ( cuts in an out at specified rpm )

I have no idea how evc manages the engine but either the evc system is unhappy or the way it is sensing revs is playing up which might explain why the supercharger is going in and out and the engine won’t rev.

rpm sensing is usually off the alternator but I assume that part works of your rpm gauge would show something silly.

Perry8007

Visit site
Have you removed the pipe on left hand side of engine that goes to boost pressure sensor on ECU and made sure it is absolutely dry. Any condensation /moisture in this pipe and you will have the symptoms you have your engine.
Yes have blown the pipe out it’s dry have. Opened ecu and checked

Perry8007

Visit site
Presumably the supercharger is controlled by the edc system ( cuts in an out at specified rpm )

I have no idea how evc manages the engine but either the evc system is unhappy or the way it is sensing revs is playing up which might explain why the supercharger is going in and out and the engine won’t rev.

rpm sensing is usually off the alternator but I assume that part works of your rpm gauge would show something silly.
Hi rpm sensor is off the flywheel and is new

Other threads that may be of interest