volvo D6

Seastoke

Visit site
so are they all electronic where you always need a main dealer with a computer or is there stuff a good tech guy can do ,thanks for all the replies ,

[2068]

Visit site
Yes, they are electronically controlled diesels.

No, you do not need a Vodia Tool to change Engine oil, Coolant, Oil filters, Oil bypass filters, Air filters, Crankcase breathers, Fuel filters, Pencil anodes, Impellers, Alternator Belts, Compressor Belts, Compressor Oil, Outdrive oil, Anodes, or Gaiters.

The electronics are not service items, but if they do break, you will need a dealer.

Last edited:

Seastoke

Visit site
so if a was going to buy a boat with D6,s in could I get a report from a Volvo main dealer and a print out of data

Bandit

Visit site
Yes.
The best would be to get an engineer from a Volo Penta dealership to check for history on Vodia, to check outstanding campaigns and for any recalls from VP to attend a seatrial and to inspect the engines and if on outdrives to check them over as well (boat out of the water). This would normally be undertaken at the time of survey.

iapetus

Visit site
You can certainly ask the nearest VP Center to print out the engines' history. In our case they had also been servicing the boat for a couple years (and would, post sale), so they made no problem and charged nothing.

My neighbours, on the contrary, hired a totally different VP mech for their sea trial (a sensible move in retrospect, you don't want a report from someone who is both judge and jury, do you...) and got all the data from him, including the so-called Vodia "job cards" made during the trial.

Seastoke

Visit site
So looked today at the D6 there looked like there has been a water leak behind the two oil filters does anyone know what could be

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
Hi jimmy got a another view tmora so can take photos then ,is it a big repair

It's more maintenance than repair - might mean that the coolers are due a clean, takes quite a bit of labour plus the world's most expensive o rings ever. Volvopaul will have a better idea on symptoms and costs than me. Have you sea-trialled yet? If so - are temps stable at wot?

Last edited:

Seastoke

Visit site
It's more maintenance than repair - might mean that the coolers are due a clean, takes quite a bit of labour plus the world's most expensive o rings ever. Volvopaul will have a better idea on symptoms and costs than mean. Have you sea-trialled yet? If so - are temps stable at wot?

No sea trial have not done any deal yet as I wanted to know about the leak it might have been done asked broker for some info

jcwads

Visit site
It's more maintenance than repair - might mean that the coolers are due a clean, takes quite a bit of labour plus the world's most expensive o rings ever. Volvopaul will have a better idea on symptoms and costs than me. Have you sea-trialled yet? If so - are temps stable at wot?

If it is any help both the coolers on my new to me T40 were leaking when I had my engine survey done. Its an expensive job as to do it properly the coolers have to come off. Then it depends on engine access etc. For 2 coolers to be refurbished and refitted it was £3700 inc VAT. (I didn't pay it, as it was on condition of purchase).

mcanderson

Visit site
Here are two threads I did on my leak

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?487262-Volvo-D6-330-charge-cooler-o-rings-changing&

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?486829-Salt-water-and-oil-under-VP-D6-330&highlight=

Hope they help. A simple job, but the o rings weren’t cheap.

I have also installed a holding tank in my old boat so I can talk you through that if you like. I did it all myself for around £600. Check to see if the boat ever had one fitted - a pump out fitting would be a give away!