Vodafoney roaming removal - some questions

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Bob did they send the sim out to you in greece? Was you given a new number or did u have to use an number you areal had? How you paying for it? Credit card? DD ? Standing order ?
No i got the sim in uk ,not sure now that the postal system is so expensive . ?.its just taken monthly off my card . However you can easily cancel or suspend payment on line ...or so they say . ?.I have to have a Greek contract to apply for residency permit and unlimited Internet.
Probably should cancel . I think its easy to change to your own number .

Sailfree

Visit site
Contributions to this thread are helpful but just point out there are 2 problems that webbys phone problem raised.

Q1. Cheapest way of using a UK phone when in EU for long period. Or having the cheapest phone for being contactable in EU. (I put it that way as even if you solve the problem of cheapest UK/EU calls you are still not contactable if those in UK don't know your new number)

Q2. Cheapest way of keeping a UK phone number for business clients to easily contact you when in EU for long period.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Q1. Cheapest way of using a UK phone when in EU for long period. Or having the cheapest phone for being contactable in EU. (I put it that way as even if you solve the problem of cheapest UK/EU calls you are still not contactable if those in UK don't know your new number)

Thats why I recommend Smarty its cheap and you can use, maintain your existing number

sailaboutvic

Visit site
What I'm looking for is most data , its cheap here in Italy €10 30gb but it only give me 4 Gb roaming Malta quite expensive so is France Sardinia OK as it still Italy, Tunisia very cheap these are probably the countries we be using this season.

starfire

Visit site
Contributions to this thread are helpful but just point out there are 2 problems that webbys phone problem raised.

Q2. Cheapest way of keeping a UK phone number for business clients to easily contact you when in EU for long period.

Q2
Voip landline UK number.
App such as zoiper on your phone.

Cheap for you to make calls to UK numbers, free for your clients to contact you

Star-Lord

Visit site
Just had an email from Vodafone telling me they have increased my charges by 1.4%. Pretty sure when I took out contract I stipulated that I was abroad in Europe and was assured this was no problem for my 80gb data. I also use a recurring bolt on data of 15gb - happy to pay for 24/7 Netflix etc. But now in Africa will not be using any data for next 90 days... and maybe will only be using at all for 180 days a year until Portugal or Spain or somewhere else gives us 12 month visas. Maybe time to cancel the bolt on!

Star-Lord

Visit site
Yep I finally be done as well! Something about fair use... I was paying $45 a month for Amazon Prime and 80gb and frequent add on of £20 for 15gb for extra... so I thought as a good customer they would let me be. So now I have a new contract with 100GB for £20 pcm and 25gb fair use abroad. So it seems Voda have let me cut my bill by over 2/3. And because its Africa or Turkey every other 90 days and local sims are now used - all in all - I have saved money. I think!

Seven Spades

Visit site
I have a boat wifi and a data only sim. With all my devices attached and not streaming TV or YouTube I seem to be using 5gb a day. i think it is the sheer number of emails with attachments x 3 for me iPhone, lap top and iPad. Then there is my wife and her phone and iPad.

I am talking to a UK company that is about to launch a 600gb data sim with 600gb of roaming included for they say £24 a month. It is not launched yet and I want to make sure that the sim is not locked to their devices but it could be the answer we are all looking for. I explained that I might be cruising for 6-8 months outside the UK and they said that they did not care. If it happens I will let you all know.

Star-Lord

Visit site
I have a boat wifi and a data only sim. With all my devices attached and not streaming TV or YouTube I seem to be using 5gb a day. i think it is the sheer number of emails with attachments x 3 for me iPhone, lap top and iPad. Then there is my wife and her phone and iPad.

I am talking to a UK company that is about to launch a 600gb data sim with 600gb of roaming included for they say £24 a month. It is not launched yet and I want to make sure that the sim is not locked to their devices but it could be the answer we are all looking for. I explained that I might be cruising for 6-8 months outside the UK and they said that they did not care. If it happens I will let you all know.
Yes please!!!!