Vodafone UK £24 for 100GB 4G DATA p.m.

jordanbasset

Visit site
That is tethering. I couldn't see any mention of whether it is allowed or not in the terms they give on the website.

I agree it is not that easy to pinpoint the answer on their website
All I can say is that when I asked about it at the vodafone shop they said it was okay and it works in the real world
Could find this on the vodafone site, which tells you how to tether
https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Usin...n-through-a-personal-hotspot-or-tethering.htm

Comparison between the different providers tethering polices here from an independent site
https://www.lifehacker.co.uk/2015/0...ts-the-best-uk-mobile-network-for-tetVodafone allows tethering across all its plans, whether that’s pay monthly, SIM-only or PAYG. Moreover, there’s no limit on how much of your plan’s data you can use while tethered. If you want more than your plan allows, additional data is charged at £6.50 for 250MB. Red and Red Value Bundle customers who signed up after 1 April will automatically be charged £6.50 for 500MB.hering

Question and answer about tethering on the vodafone forum here
https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/Tethering-allowance-and-roaming/td-p/2631272
It's your choice as to how you use your 50GB data allowance. With Global Roaming Plus this means you are able to use your home plan abroad. There is further information here: Global Roaming

Hope this helps

Last edited:

goeasy123

Visit site
WTF to you guys find that's worth watching... that needs so much data?

BTW... I had the same "there's no time limit on roaming" discussion with the nice lady on the Voda chat service. I clicked the button to get an email of the dialogue. When it didn't arrived i reconnected. They told me that they had misinformed me!!! and still wouldn't send me the dialogue.

jordanbasset

Visit site
WTF to you guys find that's worth watching... that needs so much data?

Speaking for me because myself and my wife travel so much we have no broadband at home and no terrestrial tv, so we use the 100gb for everything, including streaming and downloading when at home. For example in the last few months we have watched Chernobyl, Killing Eve, Game of Thrones, Line of Duty, True Detective etc
Hope that has satisfied your enquiry

Last edited:

goeasy123

Visit site
Are you one of those people who don’t think we should have TV on a boat? “You get a boat to get away from all that!”

or are you genuinely curious as to what we think is good and worth watching? :)

Ummm... what I need here is a smart ass answer.

But seriously, we have multiple screens on the boat. We can't find much worth consuming. Two things I'd like to find are a unbiased news and a source of deeper analysis?

RobbieW

Visit site

But seriously, we have multiple screens on the boat. We can't find much worth consuming. Two things I'd like to find are a unbiased news and a source of deeper analysis?

When cruising I download the Economist using Calibre as a source of deeper analysis

Visit site
Some us work online from the boat. The rest of the time the big data usage is sport and Netflix. Loads of good shows on there especially in foreign languages. I like watching a show from the coutry I’m in when possible. Helps reinforce my knowledge or understanding of aspects of the language.

Richard10002

Visit site

Good answer :) I find I can watch enough news to get the gist of what's going on, and think I am smart enough to sift out the bias. Deeper analysis - cant help with that :)

goeasy123

Visit site
Good answer :) I find I can watch enough news to get the gist of what's going on, and think I am smart enough to sift out the bias. Deeper analysis - cant help with that :)

We're well off topic now.... But... Have you seen The Loudest Voice? It highlights everything that's wrong with modern news channels. They maximize audience by appealing to the lowest common denominators in society. This means they don't cover the real issues. So there's little to 'sift out' as you put it.

laika

Visit site
The £24/100GB deal is no longer available. Instead they've got unlimited plans: £23/month gives you unlimited but with downloads capped at 2Mbps. , £26/month give 10Mbps and £30/month gives fastest speeds available. Data abroad is capped at 25GB but the lady in the shop didn't know whether that was per month or per trip. "Tethering" no problem.

KompetentKrew

Visit site
BTW... I had the same "there's no time limit on roaming" discussion with the nice lady on the Voda chat service. I clicked the button to get an email of the dialogue. When it didn't arrived i reconnected. They told me that they had misinformed me!!! and still wouldn't send me the dialogue.
A Data Protection Act / GDPR request will get you a copy of it. They have to give you any data they have stored about you.

KompetentKrew

Visit site
I only used it in a mifi, no problem, we have 4 devices linked to the mifi

That is tethering. I couldn't see any mention of whether it is allowed or not in the terms they give on the website.
A mifi is a router - you can't do anything but "tether" through it.

I am unfamiliar with any use of the term "tether" aside from these:

JGxa03n.png

Surely the term arises to distinguish between using a data-only plan and using your phone's data - telcos sometimes restrict tethering (through your phone) to force you to buy a separate data-only SIM.

Visit site
A mifi is a router - you can't do anything but "tether" through it.

Surely the term arises to distinguish between using a data-only plan and using your phone's data - telcos sometimes restrict tethering (through your phone) to force you to buy a separate data-only SIM.

Yep, a regular sim card (contract) is expected to be used in a phone, and tethering (sharing/hotspot etc..) is usually restricted to some degree.

A data sim you can do whatever you like with.

BigJoe

Visit site
Vodafone now provides an unlimited wifi dongle in a house type router, with a data sim inside.

I don't know exactly the price, as we have a package with 2 mobile phones, 2 Ipads, a house phone, all on our boat.

However if I do the sums, and remove the 2 mobiles, etc, then its probably around 35 euro a month.

Not bad for all you can eat wifi

jordanbasset

Visit site
Vodafone now provides an unlimited wifi dongle in a house type router, with a data sim inside.

I don't know exactly the price, as we have a package with 2 mobile phones, 2 Ipads, a house phone, all on our boat.

However if I do the sums, and remove the 2 mobiles, etc, then its probably around 35 euro a month.

Not bad for all you can eat wifi

Interesting, is it portable and can you use it abroad?

Visit site
All the unlimited plans are 'limited' when it comes to roaming.

Roaming data on all unlimited data plans: capped at 25GB per month

The standard Mobile broadband plan is not capped. You can use for full allowance, the highest of which is 50GB.