Vodafone UK £24 for 100GB 4G DATA p.m.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Re: Vodafone UK £24 for 100GB 4G DATA p.m. - Three top that!

Three are currently offering unlimited data, phone calls and texts for £20/month, with free roaming in 71 countries, which includes all of The EU.:encouragement:

Additionally, Three confirm that whatever the outcome of Brexit is, their free roaming will continue.

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones

The link within your link gives a limit of 19 Gb for Spain, only one I checked, with charging extra after that.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site

The link within your link gives a limit of 19 Gb for Spain, only one I checked, with charging extra after that.

One provider I checked (can't remember which) a while ago, stipulated that length of roaming trips was limited and required visits back to UK before next roaming trip. I quizzed Voda girl about this and she said 100% could be used roaming, no need to visit home network. There may of course be cheaper deals/networks out there but we've been happy with Vodafone coverage.

GSL

Me Cheltenham, boat Sant Carles de la Rapida
Visit site

THIS COULD CATCH PEOPLE OUT ON THE THREE "UNLIMITED" DEAL

"Pay Monthly Roaming charges.

Calls and texts to the UK and between Go Roam in Europe destinations are included in your allowance for all our plans.

Spain is a Go Roam in Europe destination so you won't be charged for using up to 19GB of data – it'll simply come out of your allowance. After that a small surcharge applies (see below).

1p per MB. (up to £43.97 Data roaming limit).

Graham376

Visit site

One provider I checked (can't remember which) a while ago, stipulated that length of roaming trips was limited and required visits back to UK before next roaming trip. I quizzed Voda girl about this and she said 100% could be used roaming, no need to visit home network. There may of course be cheaper deals/networks out there but we've been happy with Vodafone coverage.

HOLD EVERYTHING! Just had a message from friend in Bruce's saying he has cancelled Vodafone's earlier deal because they have started charging him extra after 2 months roaming. Don't know what his deal was or if it has time expired so will phone Vodafone tomorrow (Sales closed today) to obtain confirmation of what we were told yesterday.

nortada

Visit site

Three are currently offering unlimited data, phone calls and texts for £20/month, with free roaming in 71 countries, which includes all of The EU.:encouragement:

Additionally, Three confirm that whatever the outcome of Brexit is, their free roaming will continue.

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones

THIS COULD CATCH PEOPLE OUT ON THE THREE "UNLIMITED" DEAL

"Pay Monthly Roaming charges.

Calls and texts to the UK and between Go Roam in Europe destinations are included in your allowance for all our plans.

Spain is a Go Roam in Europe destination so you won't be charged for using up to 19GB of data – it'll simply come out of your allowance. After that a small surcharge applies (see below).

1p per MB. (up to £43.97 Data roaming limit).

We are with Three. Phones on 30GB per month, £17 (loyalty deal) and as you say, currently this limit reduces to 19GB per month outside the UK, but from experience there is no time limit on continuous stay outside the UK.

The mifi is on unlimited (£20 per month) but has the same 19GB limit overseas. The one occasion that we exceeded the 19GB limit, rather than immediately impose extra charges Three messaged us to advise they would impose extra charges if we did moderate our usage - we did and they didn't.

From experience, Three regularly increase their overseas data limitations.

Given our life style half the year afloat in Southern Europe and the balance largely afloat in the UK, this plan suits us.

Finally, it is reassuring that Three have confirmed that free roaming is Brexit proof in all of their 71 overseas countries.

Last edited:

nortada

Visit site

HOLD EVERYTHING! Just had a message from friend in Bruce's saying he has cancelled Vodafone's earlier deal because they have started charging him extra after 2 months roaming. Don't know what his deal was or if it has time expired so will phone Vodafone tomorrow (Sales closed today) to obtain confirmation of what we were told yesterday.

2 years back Three threatened the same after 120 days continuous overseas but so far as I know, never invoked it. At the time we were away for 180 days contiguous.

Subsequently, this limitation appears to have been quietly dropped.

nortada

Visit site

Vodafone sales girl told porkies! Have rechecked this morning and it turns out only 2 months roaming allowed at a stretch so, back to the Portuguese one.

But will Vodafone enforce this 2 month limit❓

Three had a similar policy (120 days) but didn’t apply it.

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk

Vodafone sales girl told porkies! Have rechecked this morning and it turns out only 2 months roaming allowed at a stretch so, back to the Portuguese one.

As posted earlier, we were in Greece last summer from mid April to late August and Spain from 2 Dec to end Feb. Vodafone data monthly contract ran throughout. I have had a phone contract with them for many years. Six months per year in Med since 2004, never blocked.

Graham376

Visit site

What prompted me to check was this email from a friend who had a 50gb contract with them - I had to cancel vodaphone, charging 1£ 40 an extra per month plus an extra 40£ in April, it was for roaming, you are allowed two months roaming free, if you stay longer you pay.

Spoke to 2 people in different departments this morning - sales and accounts - and both confirmed only 2 months roaming at a stretch which contradicted earlier assurances.

KompetentKrew

Visit site

I'm on Three, and constantly run in to the 19GB limit at the end of the month, but have been outside the UK since about mid January and it continues to work.

nortada

Visit site

I'm on Three, and constantly run in to the 19GB limit at the end of the month, but have been outside the UK since about mid January and it continues to work.

Hi Komp,

What contract are you on❓

Why the question❓

Our mifi is on a Three £20 unlimited data contract - great in the UK but we have no indication of data used in a given monthly period. Not a problem while in the UK but when overseas and we are limited to 19Gb per month so how do we monitor usage to make sure we do not use too much data❓

Richard10002

Visit site

Surprise Surprise! :( a sales person telling unprovable lies.

KompetentKrew

Visit site

Our mifi is on a Three £20 unlimited data contract - great in the UK but we have no indication of data used in a given monthly period. Not a problem while in the UK but when overseas and we are limited to 19Gb per month so how do we monitor usage to make sure we do not use too much data❓

My bill says it's the "SIM Unlimited Data Unlimited Minutes - 12 months" and I pay £23.57 a month for it.

Your package is made up of units entitling you to the following allowances:
  • Unlimited Data
  • Unlimited Minutes
  • Unlimited Text
  • Unlimited Go Binge data

I just tether my laptop off my phone's wifi. It's a battered Xiaomi Mi A1 which I bought last year - it's Android and there's a setting under "Network and Internet" to set data limits and warnings.

kbbnPzH.png

Three send a warning text when 95% of your roaming allowance is used - that's just over 18GB, so if I strictly stop using my laptop after that (and use libraries more) then the remaining 1GB lasts me for using my phone for driving directions, WhatsApp and Tinder the last few days of the month.

I think the mifi has a web interface and you may be able to check the usage from there?

nortada

Visit site

My bill says it's the "SIM Unlimited Data Unlimited Minutes - 12 months" and I pay £23.57 a month for it.

Your package is made up of units entitling you to the following allowances:
  • Unlimited Data
  • Unlimited Minutes
  • Unlimited Text
  • Unlimited Go Binge data

I just tether my laptop off my phone's wifi. It's a battered Xiaomi Mi A1 which I bought last year - it's Android and there's a setting under "Network and Internet" to set data limits and warnings.

kbbnPzH.png

Three send a warning text when 95% of your roaming allowance is used - that's just over 18GB, so if I strictly stop using my laptop after that (and use libraries more) then the remaining 1GB lasts me for using my phone for driving directions, WhatsApp and Tinder the last few days of the month.

I think the mifi has a web interface and you may be able to check the usage from there?

Hi K,

Many thanks, I will investigate✔️

BigJoe

Visit site

Another thumbs up for Three.

Unlimited data on the MiFi, for £20 quid a month, along with being able to stream Netflix, home and in Europe, without using any data, its a no brainer.

Graham376

Visit site

Another thumbs up for Three.

Unlimited data on the MiFi, for £20 quid a month, along with being able to stream Netflix, home and in Europe, without using any data, its a no brainer.

There seems to be a contradiction here. I'm not interested in phone sims, just 30gb or more data on 4G mifi and looking for options without roaming cap.

nortada

Visit site

There seems to be a contradiction here. I'm not interested in phone sims, just 30gb or more data on 4G mifi and looking for options without roaming cap.

We have both iphones and a mifi.

With respect to the data allowance, the Three contracts are all the same price. On the phones calls and texts are included at no extra charge. But roaming is currently limited to 19GB per month, however, from experience, Three increase the roaming allowance annually so in keeping with precedence, roaming is likely to go to about 25GB in Dec 19.

The other point in Three’s favour they have confirmed their roaming allowances will not be affected by Brexit.