Viki 32 Flybridge and Sedan

Farmer Piles

Visit site
I think that there is one for sale down the road from me in Mylor - probably on with Ancasta. We ended up with an Aquador 32 - fantastic boat with all the Scandi seakeeping and build quality - plus good side decks and side doors. One for sale on the Hamble.

Bat21

Visit site
@Kikitoo I see this thread is 3years old but do you still have the Viki.

I'm looking at one for our cruising grounds on the Scottish West Coast and would like feedback on their sea keeping capabilities as we have The North Channel to negotiate from Northern Ireland.

Many thanks

Gareth
Hi Gareth I am Kiki too's other half, we sold her last year, she was an excellent sea boat ideal for cruising the Scottish west coast which is where we kept her and she remains, eminently capable of cruising those waters giving a comfortable ride even in the rough stuff, allow for cruising at 12/13 kts if its a single 240, less if its has the smaller twins.

Hacker

Visit site
Ah, bad luck.
How were the prices seeming, in that how close to asking were you. Just curious about the market.
For the Viki I was less than 5% below asking. He wanted £82.5k which we wouldn’t go to. I found its previous sale price which was around £75, so he was looking for quite a profit and I couldn’t see what additional value he had added.

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
For the Viki I was less than 5% below asking. He wanted £82.5k which we wouldn’t go to. I found its previous sale price which was around £75, so he was looking for quite a profit and I couldn’t see what additional value he had added.
….so it was the boat you wanted but you somehow reckoned it was worth £78.5k and not £82.5k….Really?
The price he bought it for has no relevance.

Greg2

Visit site
….so it was the boat you wanted but you somehow reckoned it was worth £78.5k and not £82.5k….Really?
The price he bought it for has no relevance.

I was thinking the same. All too easy to get hung up on what you perceive to be the right deal and to entirely miss the point that this is about quality of life and happiness.

We paid just under 10% more than I thought we should for our Hardy in 2020, just as pandemic prices were starting to emerge, and haven’t regretted it for a second 😁

westerlystorm

Visit site
Hi Gareth I am Kiki too's other half, we sold her last year, she was an excellent sea boat ideal for cruising the Scottish west coast which is where we kept her and she remains, eminently capable of cruising those waters giving a comfortable ride even in the rough stuff, allow for cruising at 12/13 kts if its a single 240, less if its has the smaller twins.
Many thanks for your quick reply. That assures me go to forward with trying to buy one, which has only been used on fresh water lakes and the owner has no knowledge of her open sea keeping abilities.

I did see that Mark Cameron sold one on the West Coast a while back so I had an idea they would be OK, but nothing beats an owners experience.

Again many thanks

westerlystorm

Visit site