uv resistant clothing

MARNEN

Visit site
Hi,
we are looking for a good supplier of uv protective clothing, prior to our trip to the Med next year.
Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

tri39

www.sailblogs.com
Long sleeve Tshirts are good. But they don't protect your neck unless you can get roll neck versions.
I just use a scarf round my neck. That leaves ears and face to cover!! Simple peeked caps only shade your eyes.
You can buy peaked caps with side cloths designed for canoeing I believe. Then wrap round sunglasses and lots of cream on what's still exposed,
especially nose and lips. It's worth taking some time over it every morning. Saves surgery later!!!!!!
You also have time to organise a bimini that can be left up under the boom while sailing. See pic above!

Davy_S

Visit site
_76660528_tv023360889.jpg

MARNEN

Visit site
To follow up on this thread.
We placed an order with Bamboo clothing prior to Christmas and were very pleased with the goods. Long sleeved T shirts etc. Not got the faintest idea of the U V protection in the field but the clothes are great. So pleased we ordered some more today.

Yngmar

Visit site
Not got the faintest idea of the U V protection in the field

Just hold them up to the sun and look through the cloth. There's nothing complex about this, if the sun shines through the material, UV protection will be poor, if it blocks visible sunlight, it'll block the invisible UV part of the spectrum too.

As for neck/face protection, I can highly recommend a simple square piece of cloth. It's very versatile, you can make it into a headscarf when the wind tries to blow your brimmed hat off, wear it as neck protection under a baseball cap, wrap it round your face when it's cold or make a sling or tourniquet for medical emergencies.