Uphill Marina

PCUK

Visit site
I've been looking at varios You Tube videos of camper van people enjoying their stays at Uphill and taking various drone videos of the marina. It looks to me as if they have created a new drying basin off the river with gated entrance to the pontoons and water and electricity. Has anyone been there recently and had a look as I'm thinking this could now be a better option than Watchet as they appreciate that mud berths need to be a lot cheaper than deep water berths and the rest of the facilities look to be good.

ANDY_W

Visit site
I was looking round there two or three years ago while checking out places to keep the boat. Had no problems with using a mud berth but their lift out had a maximum weight limit of five tons. It may have improved since but worth checking.

ribdriver

Visit site
Massive changes and upgrades over last few years - new owners.
Lift out now at 15T using the Roodberg system. Dredging. New pontoons. Loads more. It's almost a totally different place.

Bouba

Visit site
Great name for a marina…a bit like…let’s see…Impossible To Drive To car park

MikeCalypso

Visit site
It's a lovely spot and the people running the boat yard are great, very friendly and helpful. The problem with the berths as I understand it is that you can only really get out at the top of a high tide and will struggle on the smaller tides. So you can't go for an afternoon sail and have you have a very narrow window to get in and out. They have been talking about dredging which may change the situation.

Boughtaboat

Visit site
Hi all, I've just joined and spotted this forum.
I have my boat at Uphill, and love it. If you need to know anything please feel free to ask.
@PCUK the village is called Uphill hence the name ;)
They have made so many improvements, and yes it's tidal, but Watchet was just awful. My boat wouldn't float AT ALL, numerous owners not knowing what they are doing.
Very happy at Uphill Marina. They've spent £hundreds of thousands in the last couple of years on the Marina and more new pontoons next year too from what I understand.
It's quiet too and a lot of the time I go to do a bit of work and just sit with a cuppa instead and come back another day!

Skysail

Visit site
Hi all, I've just joined and spotted this forum.
I have my boat at Uphill, and love it. If you need to know anything please feel free to ask.
@PCUK the village is called Uphill hence the name ;)
They have made so many improvements, and yes it's tidal, but Watchet was just awful. My boat wouldn't float AT ALL, numerous owners not knowing what they are doing.
Very happy at Uphill Marina. They've spent £hundreds of thousands in the last couple of years on the Marina and more new pontoons next year too from what I understand.
It's quiet too and a lot of the time I go to do a bit of work and just sit with a cuppa instead and come back another day!

graham

Visit site
The improvement work at Uphill has been kept very quiet.

We have visited uphill several times in the past but not recently,we had no idea anything was happening there.

Will be sailing over at first opportunity to have a look.

Other threads that may be of interest