up-to-date pump out facilities?

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
We are heading out on saturday for our two week cruise upstream from Bray and wondered what facilities are working / not working.
Cant seem to access the old EA page that listed what the current status is.
Does anyone know if the following pump outs are working:
Shiplake
Mapledurham
Abingdon

I assume all the usual water points are still operational (all be it with there usual trickle)?

harvey38

Visit site
Cookham, Benson, Harleyford and K&A SHOULD be a reasonable bet but being a member of another boaty forum, the Thames is fast becoming a very much neglected waterway with even private facilities coming unstuck and many having problems finding a serviceable pump out.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Cookham doesn't have pumpout. Bourne End marina does and it is a reliable service. The Magna Carta hotel barge uses them.

It is a shame the EA no longer seem to have updates. That was a very useful feature of the old river conditions website.

Do they have a twitter feed or is the only way to find things out via lock keepers?

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
Managed to find some old numbers and spoke to Shiplake and their pump out is still not working (and hasn't been for two years according to the lock keeper).
He did say Mapledurham was working, but didn't know about Abingdon. I suppose after Mapledurham, my only other option is Benson Marina.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
What about the marina on the island at Reading? They have a hire fleet so must have pumpout but perhaps only use it for their own boats.

There is a problem of people putting the wrong things in their lavatories and causing blockages so it is a bit risky to offer a public service.

Mark26

Visit site
We are heading out on saturday for our two week cruise upstream from Bray and wondered what facilities are working / not working.
Cant seem to access the old EA page that listed what the current status is.
Does anyone know if the following pump outs are working:
Shiplake
Mapledurham
Abingdon

I assume all the usual water points are still operational (all be it with there usual trickle)?
I’m surprised you would need a pump out on a two week trip.

thamesS23

www.spotonprint.net
Mapledurham pump out currently now not working, think that only leaves 2 EA pump outs working on the whole stretch of the river Thames!

We had to use Caversham boat services at £25.00

riverliver

Visit site
just got this on their alert for lock works this year. No mention of when these will be done:

Shiplake Lock Sewage Pump Out Facility
Redesign and refurbishment of sewage pump out.

Boveney Lock Sewage Pump Out and Toilet Facilities
Redesign and refurbishment of vandalised facilities